Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
firecap911

Re: OTA3 update (ICS 4.03)

Come hither my ice cream sandwich so that I may enjoy all of the delectable goodness that lies within!

HDMI
mtalinm

siggehandf wrote:
So what are people most looking forward for?

Personally I can't wait to use the chrome Beta browser. ;-)

Using it now on my galaxy nexus and it is the most awesome thing ever.

I just want apps not to crash (esp browser) and for the thing not to shut down on its own randomly.

it would be nice if it sped up and didn't chew some much battery but I won't hold my breath.

if Quill stops working I will literally throw the device out the window

Punch Card
manjusensei

Betreff: OTA3 update (ICS 4.03)

bsnf schrieb:

OTA 3 is scheduled to release end of this month for US, UK and WE images. End of June for ROW, JP and CH.

As mentioned earlier it is going to be ICS 4.03. I will post additional updates as we get close to the release date.

Germany is included in which of them?

SCSI Port
Neokazaki

Betreff: OTA3 update (ICS 4.03)

Germy = WE.

@bsnf: Do you have information if 4.0.4 might be an option for a "OTA3.5" Update. Google seems to have included quite a lot fixes and improvements compared to 4.0.3:

http://goo.gl/93GCA

Token Ring
obscure_detour

Quill should work fine. It works perfect on my TPT currently running ICS. I don't get shutdowns or force closing apps. Actually, the only app I have issues with is the Chrome Beta. It's the only app that crashes.

Overall everything is much snappier and quicker. The battery does seem to last a bit longer as well. Of course all of my experiences are based on the CM9 ICS port and not the actual Lenovo-fied ICS version. I hope it lives up to the hype, and is not hindered by Lenovo's need for bloat.

Cheers.
HDMI
mtalinm

obscure_detour wrote:
Quill should work fine. It works perfect on my TPT currently running ICS. I don't get shutdowns or force closing apps. Actually, the only app I have issues with is the Chrome Beta. It's the only app that crashes.

Overall everything is much snappier and quicker. The battery does seem to last a bit longer as well. Of course all of my experiences are based on the CM9 ICS port and not the actual Lenovo-fied ICS version. I hope it lives up to the hype, and is not hindered by Lenovo's need for bloat.

Cheers.

thank you. that's exactly what I was hoping to hear about ICS. sounds like I should use rootkeeper just in case the Lenovo version is not as responsive

Punch Card
awlen2

are we going to get somethin like rescue & recovery?????

Punch Card
Daniel996

ROW get left behind as usual. 

Re the June release for ROW, my prediction is many bugs found in US/WE release of ICS will delay release of OTA3 for ROW by at least 2 months while they are fixed.  In the mean time, legions of disgruntled TPT users will switch to Galaxy Note or Windows 8 tablets.

My 2 cents worth...

Dan

HDMI
barbfxshow

So, the US and Western Europe serve as beta testers for China, Japan, and the rest of the world?

I'd think if Lenovo were interested in finding bugs, then having actual beta testers and an actual bug reporting database instead of a user-to-user forum would be more helpful than whatever it is they think they're doing now ;-)

¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 1838CTO (not rooted, from Lenovo Direct Japan); WiFi-only model (w/ Galaxy Note LTE as tether); 64GB system memory with Transcend 64GB Class 10 SDXC card; ThinkPadTablet_A310_02_0039_0090_JP rom; GPS works (slowly) after 2012/04 return (power button had broke); Camera will not focus. (note: I have not re-tested these since the ICS update 2012/06/21) ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Token Ring
Thjalfi

[ Edited ]

I'm absolutely not excited. I have used the TPT since it was released and saw the underwhelming software support / failing hardware. Will ICS fix the power button and loose microUSB port (luckily I'm not yet affected by the latter)? I don't think so.

I guess I will try ICS even if I have to sacrifice root. If it turns out to live up to Lenovo's current reputation regarding Android tablets, I'll switch to the Galaxy Note 10.1 a couple weeks later. Speaking of the Galaxy Note 10.1, any news/rumors on the release date?

When someone is helpful to you, thank them by giving them a kudo. 18382BG ThinkPadTablet_A400_03_0070_0132_WE