Support in other languages: 
Token Ring
manuelcalavera

Re: OTA3 update (ICS 4.03)

Thjalfi wrote:

If it turns out to live up to Lenovo's current reputation regarding Android tablets, I'll switch to the Galaxy Note 10.1 a couple weeks later. Speaking of the Galaxy Note 10.1, any news/rumors on the release date?

really? you're asking about GN10.1 release date in ICS info page for TPT ? anyhow, GN10.1 delayed because they want to change the specifications, mostly inside. so theres no GN10.1 in couple of months, good luck with the switching.

----------------------------------------------------------------
ThinkPad Tablet 2 - 367927U
ThinkPad Tablet - 183822U
HDMI
barbfxshow

[ Edited ]

The TPT being a rare 10-inch android tablet with a stylus (and no GPS, focusing camera, fragile ports, slow updates, etc.), you can bet many, many of us here would be interested in a similar tablet that also works and seems to have a development team working in support. To not mention this here would just be to self-censor. For what? So Lenovo might finally mail us a free ThinkPad Tablet2 in the mail in reward for our servility? ROFL!

What is mind-blowing is that Samsung's homegrown Galaxy brand has a better reputation for quality than the ThinkPad brand has. Even ASUS has a better brand when it comes to android devices. It did send out a free dongle to fix its admitted GPS mistake. Lenovo hasn't officially communicated anything to us about the myriad problems of their TPT.

I am weary of ThinkPad now.

¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 1838CTO (not rooted, from Lenovo Direct Japan); WiFi-only model (w/ Galaxy Note LTE as tether); 64GB system memory with Transcend 64GB Class 10 SDXC card; ThinkPadTablet_A310_02_0039_0090_JP rom; GPS works (slowly) after 2012/04 return (power button had broke); Camera will not focus. (note: I have not re-tested these since the ICS update 2012/06/21) ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Token Ring
Thjalfi

manuelcalavera wrote:

really? you're asking about GN10.1 release date in ICS info page for TPT ? anyhow, GN10.1 delayed because they want to change the specifications, mostly inside. so theres no GN10.1 in couple of months, good luck with the switching.

Are you telling me that you are perfectly happy with your TPT and are not looking for alternatives? You must either be extremely lucky or delusional (no offense).

When someone is helpful to you, thank them by giving them a kudo. 18382BG ThinkPadTablet_A400_03_0070_0132_WE
Core Memory
bade

Please put up the list of fixes already! No need to be secretive!

We know what is broken and if you guys fall short on the fixes this time.

We are all going to have a ROOT party at starbucks!

It super simple and a little of topic,

TPT = Only tablet with pressure sensitive stylus (for us designer/artists) and place built-in to put the stylus!!!

I played with ASUS win7 slate and hp is coming out with one with ntrig technology too...But it needs windows 8 badly!

I got a FREE new ipad! Because I would never buy one! Yes its the new retina and its super fast!

I call it a schmuckPAD, so funny when people ask me,

"when did you get an IPAD? Is it the new one?" HAHAHA $700 games/weather/email

I draw on my TPT and use the IPAD as an image reference. They both fit in a 10.1 sleeve with the TPT original leather case.

IPAD 3 -- 32gb

Pros------

Super Loudspeaker!! 

Very Fast/Awesome Screen Resolution

Magnetic Sleep Cover

Tons more apps

No faulty microusb port or power button --the TPT dock is a MUST-HAVE!

1080p video and sweet camera

Finger resistant smug glass

Cons------

Heavier than the TPT--I was surprised!

Feels fragile/NO nice matte material like the TPT

NO BACK BUTTON!! SO dumb

NO pressure sensitive

NO SDCARD

NO GPS

NOT drop tested / rain resistant

Don't get me wrong, I am very disappointed with Lenovo after pre-ordering the TPT and being a proud owner of a t60p. All I want is for the product I bought to work....Almost a year later.....Still NO GPS?? ROOT is ultimate customer service solution and depends all on lenovo's ics update!

Punch Card
HaliG

I hope that there will be ps3 controller support :-)
Punch Card
siggehandf

So much bitterness in a thread that was supposed to be about awesome times ahead. Those of you whom seem to think that just about every tablet out there is better, must never have used anything else. All other honeycomb tablets have the same problems. Atleast ours will be one of the first to get the ICS upgrade.
WWAN
pghFL

barbfxshow wrote:

I am weary of ThinkPad now.

Sadly, after staunchly supporting the TPT over the last 8 months, I too am weary.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Token Ring
manuelcalavera

Thjalfi wrote:

Are you telling me that you are perfectly happy with your TPT and are not looking for alternatives? You must either be extremely lucky or delusional (no offense).

I am not happy at all, literally. Actually I get more upset when I look for alternatives. A consumer should have alternatives, but we have not and this is the ugliest part. Even GN10.1 is a stupid idea, howcome something that has "Note" next to its name won't have a pen slot? I mean we all have problems finding pens in our office/home, It would be so much harder when you want to find the S-Pen, since its not in the device. And also I wont buy a device a year after mine which does not have 1080p display. When I want to lose USB port ( which I couldn't use it with 90 percent of usb devices ) over a device that has not any, I want some advantages. There's no device out there!

I'll buy a Windows8 tablet after my tormentor experience with Android. Even ICS was not the savior. It is still full of bugs. I guess Thinkpad Tablet2 would be a Windows 8 device, or it should be.

----------------------------------------------------------------
ThinkPad Tablet 2 - 367927U
ThinkPad Tablet - 183822U
Punch Card
Jonnythrice

I don't know about you, but my TPT has been relatively fine since I got it, especially after the last OTAs. I probably don't use it as heavily as most, but it works fine, the pen works great, I charge it overnight every 3 to 4 days or so and overall it's good. I never used the GPS or cameras so I can't comment on that. Compared to an iPad, or even other android tablets, the TPT is a lot slower, but it's not a deal breaker.

I'm hoping ics makes it better!
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Trolls

I am another satisfied customer. I have used the TPT heavily for about 6 months for taking notesin meetings without any problems. Also surfing experience, email and calendar do allwork fine.