Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
epibest

Betreff: OTA3 update (ICS 4.03)

I would like to replace my netbook win7 by my thinkpad tablet android 3.1 - B u t - I`m not shure what I really got!? Some kind of smartphone or a tablet for business use. Some of my most important problems: External keybord does not support all keys of my country (app: external keyboard helper pro), the same with all softwarekeyboards, some usb-sticks do, some not, tablet sees no usb-harddisk, no printer-share integrated in office solutions, included docs-to-go wants always to be updated and paid (!), no direct access from all office-solutions to all external usb devices, no right-mouse-klick and copy-paste, no android phone recognition as a storage medium, micro-usb-slot is very weak and not firm, cable is to thick. For this reason I had to buy another - very thin wired micro-usb-cable for power-supply. Some applications as the built in browser or office solutions crash sometimes, charging time is too long, a.s.o. I hope ICS-update will solve some of this problems. If not - There will be no replacement and I will only play games with this tablet or resell it!
jiv
802.11n
jiv

OTA3 update (ICS 4.03)

Will OTA3 introduce means to take screenshots, make backups and connect to ad-hoc WiFi hotspots without rooting? These are basic features that shouldn't be missing on a business tablet.

Token Ring
gork

Re: OTA3 update (ICS 4.03)

Taking screenshots is one of the Features of ICS, so no problems with this one.

Token Ring
manuelcalavera

[ Edited ]

20 days untill ICS release (aprox) and there's no features/changes log?

it's not like we're gonna riot or something for knowing those information :smileyindifferent:

----------------------------------------------------------------
ThinkPad Tablet 2 - 367927U
ThinkPad Tablet - 183822U
802.11n
is1981

manuelcalavera wrote:

it's not like we're gonna riot or something for knowing those information :smileyindifferent:

I woudn't bet on it (at least with relation to some forum members). :smileymad:

bsnf said that he will inform us as there are news, so just look at this forum regularly.

Punch Card
Temetka

I am glad that we have bsnf to let us know when a multi billion dollar compnay is going to throw a bone to it's customers. I love my TPT and it hasn't given me any problems. Sure it's rooted but I probably could have lived with it just fine without rooting it. I was kind of disappointed that it did not come with 3.2 instead of 3.1 but since ICS is on it's way I can over look that.

My only request is to make the soft buttons a different color than white. God I hate that.

WWAN
pghFL

I think most of us loathe the button color.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Punch Card
ron2k_1

Button color is fine by me.  On a black background status bar, I don't think you can get better contrast than wth white... Just MHO.

Two posters behine me, if all you want is to change the capacitive buttons colors with ICS then you don't really the update... I'm really looking forward to Pen-only input, screen shots (without having to install apps to do it), and finally to have a platform where I can install any app and not having that nagging message "This app is not compatible with your device".

Ron

WWAN
pghFL

Too bright when trying to watch videos.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Punch Card
mrgerlo

Please please please
Bsnfd can you please confirm with all the updates included that Google maps will be running stable with no forced closes? ? It has become a very serious issue.

Thanks for any other info you can provide