Support in other languages: 
SCSI Port
ghigelmire

Office Suite Apps Discussion

Hello everyone, 

I found that as of this morning (Thanks Amazon!), I now have 3 office/productivity apps on my TPT and can't really decide which is best so I was wondering which of the three you thought was the best and why.

I currently have:

Docs to Go (preloaded, Full Version)

Office Suite Pro 5

Quickoffice Pro HD

Thanks!

WWAN
pghFL

Re: Office Suite Apps Discussion

Of the three I prefer OSP5, for simplicity, ease of use, tools, etc.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Punch Card
Newthinker

[ Edited ]

I tried to get Quick Office on amazon and a window popped up and said it was incompatible with TPT.

Update ; I had tried the app of the day but the list also had Quickoffice pro HD for honeycomb Wichita was free also. I got it now.

Token Ring
daveelt

Quick office HD is free too. That is the tablet version
WWAN
pghFL

Amazon Appstore offered both the mobile and tablet versions free today. I grabbed both. :smileyhappy:
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Blue Screen Again
cjwilber

I'm on the beta program for Softmaker. It is streets ahead of the others in my opinion, having tried them all. Best of all for me, it supports track changes and comments. I have yet to find a document that it doesn't render correctly, with all tables, images, and contents pages intact. I don't know when it is due for release, but it its worth keeping an eye out for. I have no vested interest in this company.
Punch Card
Flaco

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere. I just don't seem to find a definitive answer. Do any of the offfice suites allow direct inking on documents (word, powepoint)? Or is the only solution to convert to PDF first? Thank you for your help.
Token Ring
obscure_detour

[ Edited ]

Flaco wrote:
Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere. I just don't seem to find a definitive answer. Do any of the offfice suites allow direct inking on documents (word, powepoint)? Or is the only solution to convert to PDF first? Thank you for your help.

You are correct that none of the office suites offer inking. If you're trying to write on a document of some sort I would honestly give Lecture Notes a try. You can't import a PDF, but if you convert the PDF to an image of any kind you can import the image and write all over it.

The reason I suggest Lecture Notes over simple PDF inking using the usual, ezPDF, Mantano, RepliGo is that it's performance is very good. The overall inking experience is much better than any of the standard PDF viewers/annotators. It also offers many more options such as cut/copy/paste of any part of the image and/or inking, as well as layers. And in the end you can export to PDF to share with others or do with what you want.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

Lecture Notes Trial

Punch Card
Shofar

Has anyone been able to download DTG 3.004u????

If anyone has the apk, could you attach it to a reply please.

Shofar 

802.11n
splotz

[ Edited ]
Here someone tested the inking on powerpoint slides with Office Suite Pro
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/PDF-and-PowerPoint-presentations-on-projectors-mo...
____Pen fixed? :smileysad:____ Brightness Fixed :smileyhappy:, Backup? Root needed:smileyindifferent:__Lenovoappshop:smileysad:_____
______(Did you know that you can form " no love " out of "lenovo" ?)________
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Loving-the-Tablet/td-p/716089