Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
jamus28

PDF annotation options (apps from HTC?)

I need a tablet to view PDFs and take notes in class. I'm considering either the HTC flyer or the thinkpad tablet. The jetstream is simply too expensive. I would love the larger size of the thinkpad, except I'm worried about it's pdf annotating capabilites. HTC has a dedicated foxit pdf annotation system that was made for n-trig and allows you to easily highlight and take notes quickly. Then you can save it as a layered or flattened file.

The closest I've seen on the TBT is the 3rd party ezPDF, but the interface is clunky and isn't optimized for the stylus (or am I wrong?)

My main question: Can the PDF viewing/editing apps from the HTC Flyer or Jetstream be installed on the thinkpad tablet? I'm NOT talking about the simple note taking app which I saw someone has tried.

Thank you.

Token Ring
gork

Re: PDF annotation options (apps from HTC?)

I don't think it's possible - at least not without Root-access. HTC use their own framework and their apps need it to run.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Trolls

Betreff: PDF annotation options (apps from HTC?)

I use ezPDF every day and for me it works well. Mantano is also quite useful. I am happy with the stylus and these two programs.
Fanfold Paper
dsoton

I bought the TPT for use in teaching at University, ideally to write on Powerpoint slides directly, but to write on pdf of the slides as a substitute. I also want to mark-up research papers, etc.

For this I use ezPDF. It does the job, but I too find it clunky. Having to continually select 'freehand' on each slide and 'accept' the annotations all the time is time-consuming and distracting in a lecturing situation - and probably if trying to follow a lecture. I would be interested in any alternative apps for this. I have tried Repligo Reader, which is similar to ezPDF, but no better in my opinion.

As a positive, the writing experience - once selected - in ezPDF is fairly good. The ntrig digitiser/pen work well and you can achieve a good accuracy with it.

I have used a notebook running Windows XP tablet and with a Wacom digitiser for several years and the best software I found for pdf annotation for that was 'PDF annotator' by Grahl. Any app that mirrored the easy of use and functionality of that would be ideal for me.

Fanfold Paper
jamus28

Punch Card
AlexDaryan

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the link! I decided to try it and I think it is better than both ezPDF and Repligo. It is very fast and it has specific icons for inking and highlighting making it very easy and smooth to annotate pdfs. It also has ink smoothing. It also has a erasor icon which is great and beats any other android PDF annotator. Another nice feature is that when you ink you are not asked to accept the ink like in ezpdf or repligo, it just does. This is as close to PDF Annotator by Grahl in windows as we can get for TPT.

802.11n
splotz

[ Edited ]

Same with the Windows Foxit, writing is not smooth even with enabled option.

But I kept it because of being able to delete single strokes and it is a good viewer as far as i can say it after 5 Min testing.

Edit: Also it has undo and redo, but the lines are not fine enough with the pen :smileysad:

I would like to have PDF annotator on android, I hope they will see the market for that and release soon something.

____Pen fixed? :smileysad:____ Brightness Fixed :smileyhappy:, Backup? Root needed:smileyindifferent:__Lenovoappshop:smileysad:_____
______(Did you know that you can form " no love " out of "lenovo" ?)________
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Loving-the-Tablet/td-p/716089

Paper Tape
NFec

I do you Repligo because I was looking for a software which enables me to use the TPT to make anotations etc. into PDF documents. So far I'm very satisfied the Repligo is fast, reliable and the anotations and changes I made are visible at others readers after saving. So it does what it should and I can recommend it.
802.11n
splotz

Thats crazy, I can delete single strokes made in ezPDF with foxit....

____Pen fixed? :smileysad:____ Brightness Fixed :smileyhappy:, Backup? Root needed:smileyindifferent:__Lenovoappshop:smileysad:_____
______(Did you know that you can form " no love " out of "lenovo" ?)________
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Loving-the-Tablet/td-p/716089

Punch Card
optimus43

The only problem with foxit is that it can't fill in editable pdf's,  as a reader and annotator it seemed to be as good or better than the others but if you need form filling it wouldn't do that.