Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
Merkurrs
Accepted Solution

Possible lemon, many strange problems!

I tried this message earlier on my tablet, but all programs kept crashing when the wifi crashed, so I will try again on my laptop.

My TPT is a litle a month old now with minimal usage because of the few issues I have had. Yesterday I tried using it all day long (while stuck in a hospital bed) but it kept crashing and these are the problems I am having:

1. The Wifi signal drops after about 10 minutes. In the wifi settings, i cannot check the box to turn it back on and it says "error" under it. The only way is to reboot it, which gets me another 5-10 minutes.
  2. Because the wifi drops, all programs crash to a stop too, exchange mail,. google apps, maps, etc. Most app require a connection to work, so they all stop running.
  3. The broadband connection is weak at best. Despite my phone saying there is a great signal, the tablet has little connection. 
  4. Once the wifi drops, the broadband also drops and there is NO connection.
  5. Dolphin browser doesn't keep any of my bookmarks. They disappear all the time.
  6. I tried removing an app (gotomypc). After uninstalling it, the widget disappears from the home screen, but when I reboot, the app is back!
  7. I tried doing a system reset (under settngs/ privacy/ factory reset), but after confirming that all data will be erased, it doesn't. When it reboots, it's the same as before.
  8. I also tried the factory reset (using power up and tap volume up button). I select "erase all data" and "restore system". But...nothing changes...its the same as before.

Unfortunately, it must go back for repair..perhaps it should just be replaced?! It sunds like it has many isues!! 

802.11n
is1981

Re: Possible lemon, many strange problems!

Very strange, indeed... have you tried a factory reset from the recovery kernel? (i.e., turn on the tablet after powering it off, not after entering sleep mode, and press the volume up button.) Wiping out the data and cache from here may work.
Punch Card
ron2k_1

I second wiping cache off too.

Start your machine in recovery mode (start macine and start pressing the volum up button), then select clear cache and then, reset to factory settings.

Ron

Punch Card
joehare

Will factory reset remove all the paid for apps and thier contents?

Punch Card
Merkurrs

yes, i tried resetting it using the above mentioned tecnique and it didn't reset it all. 

All my apps and settings remained the same.

Even the techline responds with.... 'huh '.

It's going back for repair.

Punch Card
Merkurrs

[ Edited ]

Ok, just for sh!ts and giggles, I tried deleting my mail accounts and several apps. I confirmed delete in all instances. I restarted again...whoola..there they are all over again!!

I even tried another kernal factory reset, i restarted it again...it's all back to the way I left it, settings, my downloaded apps and accounts still active.

This thing is crazy! Maybe my tablet was built for Skynet (IE: Terminator referrence) or, I should call her "Viki", the computer that ran all the robots in I-Robot?

It goes back tomorrow.

Punch Card
ron2k_1

[ Edited ]

I feel you! That's one possessed tablet.  We can probably call her Christine (from that 80s movie where this car gets wrecked and in instants she gets herself back up like new...)

Sorry you had to send you baby back.  Note that there are many of us that have been on hold for weeks due to parts unavailability.  Hopefully you will not fall in that category.

Ron

Punch Card
Merkurrs

I will say the Lenovo was really good about fixing the tablet!

They replaced the main board and I don't know what else, but it's all fixed now. It took about three weeks start to finish.

Initially the board was on back order and I kept receiving email notifications, which was nice, albiet frustrating. I called customer service and they were ready to send me a new unit since the service department owned it more than I did, but the part came in the next day.

I recieved the repaired TFT the following day and it works great! All of the prior issues have been resolved and everything works as it should.

It's times like this, when there is a problem, that a good company stands behind their products and Lenovo has done just that for me.

Thank you Lenovo!! :smileyhappy:

802.11n
is1981

Glad to see they helped you. It was very odd not being able to reset the tablet to default settings.
Punch Card
Merkurrs

Here is a quick follow up to my lemon-tablet.

I have had issues since day one (read first post).

Since that initial repair, the unit would shut down by itself throughout the day and when I rebooted it, the wifi had turned itself "off" too.

I finally decided that I better get this fixed rather than tolerate it.

I recently returned it for repair. When it came back, it was worse. Touching any key (shortcut, typing, etc) caused the key to freeze and remain "hi-lighted". This became impossible to use, so it went right back that week.

I received it back in EVEN WORSE shape now. It will not take the latest update, they keys STILL freeze, the unit wakes up "locked up", sometimes shutting itself off and still reboots by itself.

This unit has been a LEMON since day one. I can easily tell you that it will be my last Lenovo product that I ever purchase.

It's been five days since I reopened a case and still waiting for a call back. The case has been escalated and still no call back. I NEED this for work and I am not able to use it for almost a month now.

If you are deciding on buying Lenovo...go elsewhere.