Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
ktollison

Power Button Repair (Almost 2 Month Turn Around if I'm Lucky)

[ Edited ]

I sent my TPT in on 3/7/12 for a power button repair and it has been on parts hold since,  I called in last Wednesday (14th) to check status and was told a new shipment of motherbords had just arrived and check back Firday (16th) for a status update.  

Well I call back in today (Tuesday 20th) and am told the parts have an ETA of April 23.  She said she would escalate it for review (whatever that means) and I would get a call within 2 days.

I also have another one in for a broken micro USB.  It went in last week and I am sure it is on the same April 23 if not later motherboard shipment.

I am going out of town next week and had thought for sure it would be back in time for my trip.

Would any of the Lenovo staff shed some light on this for me please?  It is a known factory defect and you cannot get parts for it in a reasonable time frame?

PM me for case details if you need them

Frusturated,

Kevin Tollison

SCSI Port
ron2k_1

Re: Power Button Repair (Almost 2 Month Turn Around if I'm Lucky)

[ Edited ]

Yep, mines has been there since last week as well. Mines was for a different issue.  The tablet shut down on its own while you left it in Standby Mode.

I guess, mines will be in till April 23rd then....  I'm taking vacation in two weeks and going away and I will be tabletless... Sucks that Lenovo knows about these issues that require hardware changes and they don't have parts readily available... No wonder why Apple is on top... And I have an iPad, it's just that I prefer the ThinkPad.

StatusStatus Date/time received Time zone Description

HP03/16/2012 02:13:46EHold for Parts - Service call is on hold until parts arrive.  
HP03/14/2012 12:52:54EHold for Parts - Service call is on hold until parts arrive.  
OS03/14/2012 10:04:00EMachine being repaired
AK03/09/2012 15:59:00ECarrier processing request to ship container
AK03/09/2012 13:09:39ECarrier processing request to ship container
Blue Screen Again
Roufles

Oh No. I have mine in for Power Button and micro usb. It's in memphis on hold. I was hoping to get it back before springbreak ended. 

Fanfold Paper
ktollison

Here is where I am.  

HP03/16/2012 02:03:27EHold for Parts - Service call is on hold until parts arrive.  
HP03/12/2012 02:12:39EHold for Parts - Service call is on hold until parts arrive.  
HP03/08/2012 09:32:10EHold for Parts - Service call is on hold until parts arrive.  
OS03/07/2012 10:07:00EMachine being repaired
AK03/02/2012 15:46:00ECarrier processing request to ship container
AK03/02/2012 13:44:50ECarrier processing request to ship container

Token Ring
Thjalfi

Now that I have had a look at the power button, I am wondering why they need additional parts at all? I mean they just have to resolder the button and fix it in place a little better.

Are they replacing the whole board? I don't suppose they have improved the design so that the power button issue won't happen again, which means it is bound to happen again and they are just buying time.

When someone is helpful to you, thank them by giving them a kudo. 18382BG ThinkPadTablet_A400_03_0070_0132_WE
Punch Card
bmfickl

Interesting - I called for Power Button issue 3/14 a.m. Box arrived 3/15 and shipped back the same day to Memphis.  Tablet receive back from IBM EasyServe in working condition 3/20 a.m.  SIX days start to end - I am amazed!!

Punch Card
mandrsn1

Mine was 36 hours from when I dropped the tablet off at UPS to when I had a working tablet back in my hands. Amazingly good service from Lenovo.

SCSI Port
ron2k_1

[ Edited ]

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that they just ran short of parts in the wrong time for me and the others who are waiting for their units being repared with hardware pieces as well.

Toooooooo bad, it's gonna be a looooooooonnnng wait....

Ron

EDIT: Based on the previous post.  Myself and the others in this thread and all the others that may be waiting for their units for weeks now and will not get it till mid-next month; Sorry, we cannot say that Lenovo is great and that we are amazed...

Fanfold Paper
ktollison

Now that sucks bmfickl. Mine had been in a week before you even started the process.

Wounder if I could push for a replacement, but it may be from the bad batch.

I bought this as a business device and expect better turnaround on repairs from a company like this
Punch Card
watsonneto

**bleep**, tomorrow UPS will pass my house to collect the tablet (Also due to the power button). I hope it wont take them 2 months!