Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
Roufles

Re: Power Button Repair (Almost 2 Month Turn Around if I'm Lucky)

You've had more luck than I. After speaking with a representative she only concluded that the part on hold was the system board with no ETA when it would get in. Apparently its coming from out of the country which leaves me begging the question why does a service center not keep eessential parts in stock. I could understand if this was just an authorized repair center but I was under the impression this was their official facility. Sigh

Anyway tell me if you get anymore info.

Fanfold Paper
ktollison

[ Edited ]

Good news I am now happy with Lenovo again.  I got a call from the escalation department today and they offered a replacement. It would have to be approved by the warranty department. He assured me it would ship directly from the factory without the defective board.

A few hours later I go a call from the fulfillment department with an approval and  the email below.  It still may take a week or 2 to get the replacement. I will let you know when it arrives.  They also extended the warranty period by 2 months from the original start time.  

If you are having the same issue just call in to Depot Customer Support and ask that your case be escalated.  They will call within 2 days and hopefully you get the same results I did.  Now I am waiting on a call now for my other one that went in the 14th. 

This is to confirm Lenovo has agreed to replace your unit with a new unit. This email will outline 
the steps of the replacement process. 

1. The replacement unit will either be the same type of unit or the most current model of the unit that you have. It is a brand new unit that 
will ship to you directly from the factory. 

2. Lenovo will match all of the specs of your unit. 

3. Lenovo will replace any extra batteries or docking stations you may have if they are not compatible with the replacement 
unit you will be receiving. 

4. Within 3-5 business days after you receive the replacement unit Lenovo will email return labels and instructions  to you for the return of the original unit. Print out 
the labels and the return authorization, tape them both to the box and send the original unit back to Lenovo. You have 10 days from the time you receive the labels 
 to send the original unit back. (Example: If you are emailed the labels on the 10th then you have until the 20th to return the original unit.) 

5. Lenovo requires a credit card number to ensure the return of the original unit. No holds are put on the credit card and, as long as the original unit is returned to Lenovo 
within 10 days, the credit card will not be billed. If the unit is not sent back to Lenovo they reserve the right to bill the credit card for the cost of the replacement unit. 
 It is the customer's responsibility to make sure the original unit is sent back to Lenovo within the 10 day time period. 

Punch Card
ron2k_1

Well KT, congrats! Lucky you.  However, I called today worried that I was on the April 23rd batch and they told me that my system board was expected yesterday and to check back on Monday or Tue to see if the system was ready....

So I guess my situation wasn't so drastic.  Mines is being serviced in Memphis TN, so maybe my center loaction is not being treated so badly as where yours is being serviced.

Hopefully, they're right and mines can be serviced sonner cause I'm already tired of not having my machine...

Ron

Fanfold Paper
ktollison

Mine was in Memphis as well.  Must be a timing thing.  I received my broken one back today.  Still do not have a tracking number for the replacement.

Punch Card
ron2k_1

Hey!

An update: Well, as it happens, I called the Service Depot yesterday and they state that they don't have my new Board yet.  This girl "Camille" or "Cameah" was really appologetic; conservatively she said "I'm sorry, sir!" like 2 dozen times :smileyhappy:

So, my case got escalated and because I'm currently abroad and wanted to just drop by for my system next week, I should be getting an email rather than a call from a supervisor in the next few days.  Hopefully they can either return me my unit all fixed up or give me a new one by next week - I really need this machine...

So, you're getting a new one and the broken one???

Ron

Blue Screen Again
Roufles

You're lucky. I'm starting to get really dissatisified. My case was "escalated" last week and no one has called or emailed me as they told me they would.

Fanfold Paper
ktollison

Update:

They did ship my new tablet directly from the factory.  I will get it on Friday.  The second tablet I sent in just got approved for a replacement so I expect to see it next week.

Louisville, KY, United States03/28/201210:49 A.M.Arrival Scan
Anchorage, AK, United States03/28/201212:39 A.M.Departure Scan
Anchorage, AK, United States03/27/201210:38 P.M.Arrival Scan
Shanghai, China03/28/20126:14 A.M.Departure Scan
Shanghai, China03/27/20126:49 P.M.Export Scan
China03/26/20126:11 A.M.Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Fanfold Paper
ktollison

[ Edited ]

Roufles you should hear from the escalation department within 48 hours

Punch Card
ron2k_1

[ Edited ]

Well, here is an unexpected change of events.

Monday I was told that the case got "escallated" - I haven't received a call from the supervisor yet.   And then just for kicks I checked the repair ticket today and this is what I found (I guess I'll still be getting my old one, hopefully all fixed up):

Status      Status Date/time received Time zone             Description

OS03/28/2012 14:21:00EMachine being repaired
HP03/22/2012 02:12:49EHold for Parts - Service call is on hold until parts arrive.  
HP03/16/2012 02:13:46EHold for Parts - Service call is on hold until parts arrive.  
HP03/14/2012 12:52:54EHold for Parts - Service call is on hold until parts arrive.  
OS03/14/2012 10:04:00EMachine being repaired
AK03/09/2012 15:59:00ECarrier processing request to ship container
AK03/09/2012 13:09:39E

Carrier processing request to ship container

Blue Screen Again
Roufles

I called again today and spoke to someone in the escalation department. Yeah it was 96 hours before I got in contact and thats me calling them. She told me that she would put me in the escalation process tomorrow and that would take another 3 days. I'm confused I thought my case was escalated last week but apparently the escalation department must escalate me further?