Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Retired Employee
JameZ

Re: Power Button switch fell off the motherboard

@SBSSC,

Got your PM, thanks.

I've got a case with engineering and requesting them to intercept those which you have sent to service.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Fanfold Paper
cledi

[ Edited ]

The european division of lenovo wanted me to pay for that .

...but finally,  after 2calls and one email (and maybe a little help from JameZ :-), the rapair was done under warranty.

Thanks!

Retired Employee
JameZ

@SBSSC,

Apparently the case got returned as your 1 of your unit got serviced but am not sure what happened to the other. Is that right?

@All,

Appreciate if someone in the US with a power button on the TPT drop me a note so I can get it shipped to engineering.

//JameZ

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Paper Tape
ronlowe

My switch quit working and I called customer service and was told I would have to reserve $950 on my credit card to cover any repairs not covered under warranty. I was not about to to do this. I waited a couple of days and called again and got a totally different story. The service person could not have been more helpful! Received a UPS box the next day and sent the TPT back on Wednesday. Received regular updates on the website while they had to wait a few days for a backordered part. Received my TPT this morning (Thursday). Everything works like new. The customer service and web updates were great!

SCSI Port
d_lane

Re: Power button problems

My power button is also evidently dead.  Just got off the phone with tech support, no mention of any charges.  They're sending me a box for a warranty repair.

Serial Port
chinapecker

JameZ wrote:
@SBSSC,

Apparently the case got returned as your 1 of your unit got serviced but am not sure what happened to the other. Is that right?

@All,

Appreciate if someone in the US with a power button on the TPT drop me a note so I can get it shipped to engineering.

//JameZ

Thanks JameZ,

Just send you a PM. Will you send me a Returnning box? Or need me to call warranty first?

Retired Employee
JameZ

@d_lane,

I think we'll let service repair yours and I will take the chinapecker's unit for engineering to look at it.

@chinapecker,

Is this ok with you? btw I dropped you a PM too.

//JameZ

Serial Port
chinapecker

JameZ wrote:
@d_lane,

I think we'll let service repair yours and I will take the chinapecker's unit for engineering to look at it.

@chinapecker,

//JameZ

OK! Already send you a PM.

Blue Screen Again
cadler333

I live in the USA I have a tablet that has a disfunctional power button. I have to press it several times with different types of pressure to have the unit power on or wake up. Can you please help me get this problem fixed. Casey
Serial Port
chinapecker

chinapecker wrote:

JameZ wrote:
@d_lane,

@chinapecker,

//JameZ

OK! Already send you a PM.

JameZ:

I just openned my TPT and find the Power Switch was dropped off from the board. I do not have tools to solder it back. So I sticked it back with glue:smileyhappy:. Now everything looks like Fine. But I am not sure how long it could stand.