Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
JaneL

Re: Power button problems

It took me a while to figure out how to turn the darn thing on at all since the power button looked like it would slide. Once I figured out that I had to press it (Who? Me? Read a guide? Nah!) took me another while to figure out exactly where and how to press it. So far mine hasn't broken, but it's definitely a finicky little thing that could use improvement.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Fanfold Paper
amulitze

Re: Power Button switch fell off the motherboard

[ Edited ]

Hi JameZ,

unfortunately I have the same issue with my ThinkPad Tablet after 2 months of owning it.

The German service refuses to repair it as warranty case, but they offer me that I can pay 110 Euro  to get it repaired.

After I read about you helping others I have a slight hope that you might support me as well. I really tried to explain that I didn't do anything brutal to my device but they insisted that it was may fault.

I even wrote a letter to the managing director of Lenovo Germany, but didn't get a response by now.

Is there any hope?

Best

Axel

BTW: Except for this issue and the VERY bad support (in this case only so far) I really love all Lenovo products I own and this tablet in particular.

SCSI Port
d_lane

Since no one could tell me the correct way to check the status online, I called. (The lenovo.com/depotstatus does not appear to work for the TPT.)

If you have this issue be prepared for a wait, because the part that they need to fix it - believe it or not, the front facing camera - is on back order.

SCSI Port
d_lane

UPDATE:

Just called back,  ETA on getting the replacement parts is December 20th.  If you have this same manufacturing defect with your device, be ready for an even longer wait.

Punch Card
PeterK85

I have the same Prolem with my TPT and called the Austrian / German Support today they said it is within warranty and that they would send my a UPS Box to get the TPT to the next repair center.

They where really nice, the only problem ist since there are no german native speakers at the support hotline i had to call 3 times till they got my Phone number and Street adress right.....

SCSI Port
d_lane

Peter,

To be clear, the people I've spoken with have all been very nice and they got the shipment box right out to me. 

The problem is the very long repair time due to what is clearly a manufacturing defect. 

Token Ring
jchammerpants

Two weeks and counting for me...

I had been happy with my TPT until the power button broke about three weeks ago.  Two weeks ago, I sent it in for service, and was told the standard repair time was around six days.  Seven days later, I got an email explaining it was on a 'parts hold.'  I am on hold now trying to get an updated status and date of return to me.

I saw another note on this board saying it could be late December or after, based on another person's experience.

Unacceptable, if that is true.  And it will be a 'dealbreaker' for recommending the TPT to other colleagues. I have given generally favorable reviews of it in my work so far in several countries, but will stop doing so if the repair time for a simple part of a power switch is really months and not days.

JC

WWAN
pghFL

Re: Two weeks and counting for me...

It's no excuse, even if it's true, but I have a feeling these folks had no idea how popular this device would be. They may well be overwhelmed and understocked as far as parts go.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Fanfold Paper
amulitze

Re: Two weeks and counting for me...

[ Edited ]

Well at least you had nice guys to talk to. In my case everyone was unsupportive. They even didn't try to understand that I never could have broken the switch by myself.

And indeed the non-native speakers at the German support are far from being helpfull. It's really hard to get through the topics if you have to talk to them like to a child. But it seems to save money - for Lenovo.

I now sent the device to the dealer from whom I bought it. In German Law it's them I have the contract with and so they are in charge to get the device repaired or replaced. Right now I prefer to have a new device, as I don't want to wait for the camera part. For me it's six weeks as well without the TPT. This is bad because I used that device at least up to 6 hours a day.

SCSI Port
d_lane

Update:

Called again today.  Still on "parts hold" late December "eta."

Lenovo said that they will "escalate" the item.  I insisted that, since this is clearly a manufacturing defect, they should simply send me a new unit, rather than have me waiting around until early 2012 for my unit.

This is utterly inexcuseable.