Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
bevo

Re: Power button problems

My TPT's power button is getting unresponsive too. Sank in a bit, to the left it seems. Have to use a fingernail rather than the finger itself to make it click. I'm about to be done with this machine.

SCSI Port
egilwh

[ Edited ]

I've gotten the same issue here during the last few days. Need to use a finger nail in order to operate the button.

Need to find out where to call from Norway....

TPT 64GB 3G - 18382DG - 00132_WE
Laptop X200
Laptop X41
Paper Tape
gratyork

One more power button that gave up. Just sent my tablet to Lenovo's repair center (UK) yesterday. No word on when will it be back. 

I guess if that's all that is going to go wrong I can count myself lucky. So far  I love the Tablet (use it with Writepad Stylus, Touchdown, ES file explorer and ezPDF reader). 

SCSI Port
d_lane

Make sure you guys kiss your tablet good-bye before you send it off, beacuse it's going to be a very long wait.

Check this out.

After I told the woman at the depot - 1-800-887-7435 - that I think they should just send me another unit, she said that she would escalate it and that I would be able to discuss options with the person who called me back.

Someone did call me back within an hour or so, but stated that I would have to talk to the person who referred me to them to talk about getting a replacement unit.  (**bleep**?)    She then said that she'd ship me the defective unit back.  I told her to keep it in the service chain for now but that I still believed that they should ship me a new unit instead. (I've had the unit about 45 days or so prior to the defective power button breaking.)

This person said that they could connect me back to the first person so that I could talk to them about getting a replacement unit.  After about 9 minutes of being on silent hold, I gave up.

I'll be calling back tomorrow to enter the circus again.

Paper Tape
bloglo

One more to the list,

sent mine monday... will see how many weeks before seing it again,

so far, it has been out of service more than running.

two weeks of normal operation before being defective, one week of latency because the guy from lenovo closed the case instead of sending the box, and, so far, one week since my second call at the service center and now waiting for any news.

hope to have this thing up and running before it get obsolete

Paper Tape
bloglo

wow ! must retract my bad comments.

sent the tablet monday and I just received it this friday moring.

so 5 days was enough for the complete repair.

thanks lenovo !

SCSI Port
d_lane

bloglo wrote:

wow ! must retract my bad comments.

sent the tablet monday and I just received it this friday moring.

so 5 days was enough for the complete repair.

thanks lenovo !

Good to see.  Sadly, for those of us in the U.S. it still looks like early 2012 before we'll get ours repaired.

Does your repair ticket say what part was replaced?

Token Ring
jchammerpants

d_lane wrote:

Update:

Called again today.  Still on "parts hold" late December "eta."

Lenovo said that they will "escalate" the item.  I insisted that, since this is clearly a manufacturing defect, they should simply send me a new unit, rather than have me waiting around until early 2012 for my unit.

This is utterly inexcuseable.

AGREE!

I am also trying to 'escalate' for a new one.  But, the person helping me went on vacation apparently, so I have to start the cycle over.

Absolutely inexcusable.

JC

SCSI Port
egilwh

My TPT power button failed completely during the weekend, and will be picked up by UPS tomorrow. This part of it is pretty quick, since I only called Lenovo support today. I'm in Oslo, Norway, anyone else with experience from repair turnaround from here or other places in Europe?

We will then see how quickly it will be repaired... will probably be without my TPT over xmas, if the experience here is something to go by.... :smileymad:

TPT 64GB 3G - 18382DG - 00132_WE
Laptop X200
Laptop X41
SCSI Port
d_lane

As more units around the world fail with this SPECIFIC problem, it is increasingly apparent that this is a manufacturing/design defect.

This is the "Business Class" 1976 Ford Pinto of the tablet world.