Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
HDMI
mpad

Re: Power button problems

Julian-droid wrote:

hy,

i got my tablet back, they fixed it. But now I'm not able to root. I had root before but now i got the exploid failed error. I tried to install OTA 2 but I got a errror an than the tablet restarts.

... exactly the reason why I'm going to reapir the thing myself unless it has a serious error. I don't want to risk loosing root.

I think I can handle the power button and things like that very well, but I really fear the mico-USB-fail.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
bcampana

I posted a guide on repairing a broken or mushy button using some recommendations from d_lane here :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1521389
Punch Card
Balzac_555

Hi bcampana
Do you remove all 4 buttons or just the one labelled "back"?
Cheers,
D
SCSI Port
d_lane

[ Edited ]

Just the large "back" button. There is no reason to remove all of them.   Also, remove the pen, and make sure that the tablet is powered off. (Not just in "sleep" mode.)

Punch Card
Balzac_555

Thanks d_lane!

Cheers

Fanfold Paper
ktollison

My power button finally gave up today.  Been mushy for about a week.  Lenovo is sending a box Monday.  Hopefully it will be a quick turnaround.

I also asked them to look at the microUSB just to be sure it is not one of the bad ones.  Hopefully they will do it.

Punch Card
bmfickl

My power button gave up today after 4 months of being really gentle with it - Box should be here by Thursday to return it..

802.11n
ameridian

Excerpts from two posts in this thread;

>>It looks like the only thing holding the switch to the board is the solder on the three contact points.

>>Faced with the problem of soldering the switch and I am quite inexperienced ..the 3 solder points are actually quite small for the lay person.

Those who have had power button problems, and were able to open the tablet and investigate, seem to be mentioning only three solder pads holding the button in place. I saw five solder pads holding the power and volume buttons in my TPT. This appears to be a hardware revision on the part of Lenovo to address the issue and am wondering whether anyone has had issues even with five solder pads involved.

802.11n
is1981

Hi ameridian,

May I ask you when your tablet was manufactured?  This information will help people answering your question as I would expect any recent unit will include the new hardware revision on the cameras board.

802.11n
ameridian

sobrado wrote:

Hi ameridian,

May I ask you when your tablet was manufactured?  This information will help people answering your question as I would expect any recent unit will include the new hardware revision on the cameras board.

Where do you find that? I see 11/08 next to the serial number behind the cover for the SIM/media card compartment.