Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
802.11n
ameridian

Re: Power button problems

Some "won't wakeup issues" but not identical to your scenario;

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Thinkpad-tablet-1838-won-t-wake-up/td-p/647693

Paper Tape
time4lenovo

still waiting.. seriously, I don't even want it back now.

Punch Card
nitric

Im having power button problem too. The button felt soft and i had to press a few times at the edge to get it to click. So i lodged a report on 16 July 2012  through a phone call to IBM  Lenovo Service Center in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Im from Kuching CIty, Malaysia. So the representative asked me to send the tablet to a courier service and gave me a case ID. 

I was busy so decided to use it first and the button failed completely on last saturday. I could not even off the tablet. So i sent the tablet thru' the courier service on 23 July 2012 and an Lenovo rep called me yesterday afternoon to inform me that they already received my tablet. I received a phone call from another rep just now telling me that they will be replacing the motherboard since i also complained that the micro-usb port is a bit loose.

Therefore, the warranty service / after sales service seems to be alright so far. will update again. 

Paper Tape
alext00

I know exactly how you feel.

After the 3rd week of waiting, I have managed to order the sold-out Galaxy Nexus-7, a case with a built-in BT keyboard, and received it.

Although it's a smaller size, I am not missing my TPT at all.  High-resolution, Jelly bean, responsive customer service, and already two firmware updates :-)

Oh and did I mention the GPS works out of the box, the buttons and ports fit and click tightly,  and it really does last close to the 7 or 8 hour estimation.

WWAN
pghFL

LOL Hard to believe - GPS works. :smileywink:
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Punch Card
nitric

[ Edited ]

Just an update on the tablet i sent back to lenovo last week.

I just came back from travelling and i was surprised that there was a package on my table since i was not expecting any and the tablet was inside.

I looked at the yellow IBM/lenovo form that came with the package and they replaced power button (63y1860), SBO (63y1850) and gave me a new battery (42t4963 E/O 051163). Pretty fast for them and quite a good warranty service from lenovo. 

The power button feels even better than the time i received the tablet in november 2011.

I powered up the tablet and it came with android 3.1, using A310_02_0039_0089_ROW firmware. I think lenovo replaced the board and luckily it was not updated to andoid 4.0, so root is still possible.

Punch Card
ptdrake

I just had the power button quit responding on my TPT :smileysad:  I have an RMA number and a box should arrive Monday.  Three questions for the group:

1. How long do these repairs normally take?
  2. Do they erase my tablet?
  3. Just in case, how do I back it up, regardless of the answer to the above point?

Thanks!

-Patrick

Paper Tape
time4lenovo

If you are in US, I would not recommend you to send TPT out to repair the failed power button.

I sent mine out in late JUNE. A week later, I received the device back which does not boot at all.  I sent it back.  A month later,  in late JULY,  after quite a few phone calls I was told that since the part was on hold and they will replace it instead of repair it. They sent the DEAD device back to me as if it helps, and asked me to send it back to them once I received the replacement.  I was told that the replacement takes another 2-3 weeks.

It seems that in the end the process will take six(6) UPS next-day shipping, a few hours of phone calls and 1-2 month's wait. To crack the tablet open and re-solder the power switch should not take more than five minutes. Based on my experience, I would not recommend you to rely on IBM warranty service in US for the repair. You can fix it by yourself or at a local store with much less pain.

Punch Card
roungchen

I started to notice that my power button starting being loose as well, can't hear the click sound when you press it. For a business tablet, it sure does not last long.

SCSI Port
egilwh

I received my TPT back yesterday after another power button replacement. I had one done just before xmas, as well. It was done in 8 days including shipping end-to-end. That's pretty good.

The HW and SW quality on this TPT seems to be a typical first try, but the HW service seems to be working well here in Norway. It's the 4th time I have it in for repair since september 2011, so I should know. :smileyindifferent:

TPT 64GB 3G - 18382DG - 00132_WE
Laptop X200
Laptop X41