Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SCSI Port
ybrevic

Re: Power button problems

I've answered my own previous question, as my tablet power button is now almost completely inoperable.  With some fiddling it might turn on, but not worth the effort.  I called US Lenovo support and got through without any wait!  Quite an improvement from my USB port repair experience.  A return-to-depot box is on the way with a promise of a 6 business day turn around. 

Punch Card
mpowered

OK I may have a piece of the puzzle. My TPT was DOA (reboot loop). I sent it in to service and waited. When I finally called them they said that they were waiting on the camera. Well I had never complained about the camera. The issue with the reboot loop was a bad system board. They finally sent me a new TPT but if the power and the volume button are on the camera board that makes sence why they were waiting on the camera board while it was in. So my guess and my hope is that they saw they had a problem and have corrected it. Dont wont to deal with service again!
SCSI Port
egilwh

mpowered wrote:
but if the power and the volume button are on the camera board

Dont wont to deal with service again!

The power and volume buttons ARE on the camera board, that's been established before.

I've got mine for repair of power button as we speak (type), and I'm afraid it's not the last time. I'm expecting the power button to fail again in a few weeks time (unless they have a new design of the switches), and I expect the USB port to fail.

TPT 64GB 3G - 18382DG - 00132_WE
Laptop X200
Laptop X41
Token Ring
daveelt

When my power button came off, I opened and re soldered it.   I can tell you mine will not fall off again!  :smileyhappy:

My USB has been good and shows no sign of going bad, but all the people having the problem have me cautious so I am ordering a dock to take over the charging function to be safe.

SCSI Port
egilwh

daveelt wrote:

When my power button came off, I opened and re soldered it.   I can tell you mine will not fall off again!  :smileyhappy:

My USB has been good and shows no sign of going bad, but all the people having the problem have me cautious so I am ordering a dock to take over the charging function to be safe.

If the USB is bad, I would want it to break before warranty is out, and I will not be particularly careful with it. Since you've opened and soldered the power button, I suppose you're already out of warranty....

TPT 64GB 3G - 18382DG - 00132_WE
Laptop X200
Laptop X41
Token Ring
daveelt

yeah....break while int warrenty and replaced with.........the same product.

The new one will likely break too.

I would rather just avoid it since I have become dependant on this tablet for daily work and being without it while off for repair is not something I can consider an option.

Punch Card
sowens101

Only good news I can give you is that they've fixed the issues with repair turnaround. Power button dead last Friday, repaired device in my hands Thursday am.

Can't tell for sure but power button seems better than when device was new. Really defective from day 1? Or some design improvement?
WWAN
pghFL

Where did you send it or take it?
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Punch Card
sowens101

Called Lenovo Support (links you to IBM). They sent a box Friday and it arrived Monday. Sent box back Monday and they got it Tuesday. They shipped it back Wednesday and it was back 9:30 Thursday am.

Couldn't have been much faster.
WWAN
pghFL

[ Edited ]

Good to hear. I love this thing but live in fear of the power switch or micro USB blowing out and needing repair. So many horror stories. This makes me feel much better. Thanks. Kudos to Lenovo.

===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO