Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
nikiniki

Problem with Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet keyboard - Cyrillic letters mapping

Hello!

I bought a model with keyboard folio (1838-49G), and it works fine, aside from some minor issues, which I'm not ready to report right now. But the keyboard (not android on-screen keyboard, but real one) gave me a big surprise:

1. The key with latin [Y] (between [T] and [U]) gives me cyrillic Е instead of Н (or, if you prefer, unicode Е instead of &#1053:smileywink: Both capital and normal.

2. The key [`] (left of [1]) gives me capital Ё instead of normal ё and vice versa. Unicode Ё and ё

3. The closing square bracket key (second to the right of latin [P]) gives me Ь character instead of Ъ, or unicode Ь instead of Ъ, both capital and normal. I understand they look nearly the same, but still.

I can live with 2 and 3, but the first makes the keyboard useless for cyrillic input.

This applies only to physical keyboard and russian keyboard mode. On-screen keyboard work correctly. Russian Flex T9 with physical keyboard also works OK, but it's not what you need to work with large texts. 

The info screen in system settings says:

ThinkPad Tablet

Android 3.1

2.6.36.3 build@build-desktop #1

ThinkPadTablet_A310_02_0024_0065_ROW

183849G

802.11n
splotz

Re: Problem with Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet keyboard - Cyrillic letters mapping

If the 1. letter is on z instead of y and vice versa, maybe the update will fix that.

I have z on y and vice versa on german layout usb keyboard
____Pen fixed? :smileysad:____ Brightness Fixed :smileyhappy:, Backup? Root needed:smileyindifferent:__Lenovoappshop:smileysad:_____
______(Did you know that you can form " no love " out of "lenovo" ?)________
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Loving-the-Tablet/td-p/716089

Blue Screen Again
nikiniki

Splotz,
No, it's not on Z.
I see there are lots of localization issues. Hope they'll fix it soon.
802.11n
splotz

[ Edited ]
Maybe best for you to write an p.m. to an offical lenovo mod.
Under the search option on this site there is aletter sign where you can click on.
____Pen fixed? :smileysad:____ Brightness Fixed :smileyhappy:, Backup? Root needed:smileyindifferent:__Lenovoappshop:smileysad:_____
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Loving-the-Tablet/td-p/716089

Blue Screen Again
nikiniki

Could you please advice, whom exactly should I write?
802.11n
splotz

I dont know, but the mod named bsnf shows up often and he also is informed about what gets updated.

Fanfold Paper
adossin

Quite the same probleme for me. With the standard android french keyboard, when i type number 1 to 9 it wrote these carateres : &é"(-è_çà.
I have got this problem in the WE_65. OAT1 update fix this problem and OAT2 update is now comeback to the initial problem.

Hope a hot fix will be publish
802.11n
splotz

maybe good to post it in ota2 thread or p.m. the mod, too