Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
shinge1233

Proximity sensor

Hi everyone,

I just purchased Thinkpad 1829-25U. I have a question on Proximity sensor ( according to the specification, Proximity sensor should be included in TPT), but how to turn it on? and how it work? Is it possible to set the smart screen off thru proximity sensor?  Please help. Thanks

802.11n
Lens_flare

Re: Proximity sensor

proximity sensor is only included on phones to switch screen off when phone is near the ear.
Maybe you meant light sensor?
Fanfold Paper
shinge1233

According to the specification, ' Proimity sensor" is shown as listed on the items.

http://www.lenovo.com/shop/americas/content/pdf/system_data/thinkpad_tablet_tech_specs.pdf

In the specification and under "light sensor" item: 

"Light sensor Ambient Light Sensor
Proximity sensor Proximity sensor, Azoteq IQS128
G-sensor Accelerometer (G) sensor, supports 3-axis acceleromete

Gyroscope 3-axis gyroscope
eCompass 3-axis electronic compass, AKM AK8975C"

Any idea?

Thanks

802.11n
splotz

At my TPT the Sensor Apps didnt find it.

(1838-2BG) 

____Pen fixed? :smileysad:____ Brightness Fixed :smileyhappy:, Backup? Root needed:smileyindifferent:__Lenovoappshop:smileysad:_____
______(Did you know that you can form " no love " out of "lenovo" ?)________
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Loving-the-Tablet/td-p/716089

i-s
Paper Tape
i-s

Have you got access to the gyroscope? I got neither access to that one nor to the proximity sensor. I dont bother to much about it. Though its weird that Lenovo listed both in the specification and obviously did not built them in
SCSI Port
egilwh

i-s wrote:
Have you got access to the gyroscope? I got neither access to that one nor to the proximity sensor. I dont bother to much about it. Though its weird that Lenovo listed both in the specification and obviously did not built them in

Isn't it the gyroscope that controls the screen when tilting the tab? 

TPT 64GB 3G - 18382DG - 00132_WE
Laptop X200
Laptop X41
802.11n
is1981

shinge1233 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I just purchased Thinkpad 1829-25U. I have a question on Proximity sensor ( according to the specification, Proximity sensor should be included in TPT), but how to turn it on? and how it work? Is it possible to set the smart screen off thru proximity sensor?  Please help. Thanks

The proximity sensor is placed on the tablet display. There is no need to turn it on. To see how it works just open the browser and put the stylus over an hyperlink without touching the display. The proximity sensor will see the stylus and change the hyperlink color. It is a useful feature.

802.11n
Lens_flare

>>To see how it works just open the browser and put the stylus over an hyperlink without touching the display
I thought it works through ntrig driver :smileyvery-happy: