Support in other languages: 
HDMI
mpad

Re: Root/Super User Access/Signature Verification

[ Edited ]

the launcher is just a redundand pice of sh...

I think I saw someone mentioning about replacing it or sth., but I can't remember where. in this post or in any of the links to other forums about root?

shure you not the only one wanting this, so a solution will be found.

edit: I don't want to be so hard on lenovo. intentions were good, and it maybe would make sense if it wasn't in the taskbar and would instead be triggered by one of the hw buttons or so.

only great thing they did to the ui is adding the exit X to the task manager. I don't wanna miss that.

WWAN
pghFL

Really pure crap. LOL
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Blue Screen Again
elislider

[ Edited ]

Got the root on my 1839-25U unit. Uninstalled some crap and doing a system backup with Titanium right now.

I saw on one of the other forums the clockwork mod thing. is that an alternative to rooting or is it something you can install after rooting?

i would like to get rid of the quick app selector in the menu bar if anyone figures out how to do that!

Punch Card
acflorea

elislider wrote:

I saw on one of the other forums the clockwork mod thing. is that an alternative to rooting or is it something you can install after rooting?

It is a replacement for the original recovery mode of your TPT. It basically allows you to perform factory resets, full back-up / restore of your system and other "goodies" :smileyhappy:

elislider wrote:

i would like to get rid of the quick app selector in the menu bar if anyone figures out how to do that!

It seems the crappy wheel is integrated into the android system and can not be removed, at least not in an easy way. You can, although, hide the toolbar completely if you want (there are applications on the market for this)

WWAN
pghFL

acflorea wrote:

It seems the crappy wheel is integrated into the android system and can not be removed, at least not in an easy way. You can, although, hide the toolbar completely if you want (there are applications on the market for this)

I'll bet even as we speak the Lenovo elves are  baking that little bit of hideousness into ICS for us (shudder). Only way to pemanently get rid of it at present is get a new tab. :-/

===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
HDMI
mtalinm

i,m sure an ics rom will show up soon
WWAN
pghFL

So very hopeful.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Punch Card
iveman89

WWAN
pghFL

Not yet, and you can do something about it before it happens. Personally, I'm not worried.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
SCSI Port
twospirits

neither am I. Apple is mainly behind this just like the last time and frankly they are scared and are trying everything to get the ruling either overturned or expire. Bottom line is its your device, you are not leasing it, you do what ever the heck you want to do with the device. It will violate your warranty but the pros out weigh the cons. 

Even if the ruling did expire and or it is deemed illegal, the development community will not stay quiet (as shown with Sopa/Pipa and Annonymous.) and people will still continue to root their devices regardless.

TS