Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
prosparky

Screen Auto Rotate Not Working -

Hey guys,

I have recently had a problem with the auto rotation of the screen. The auto rotate setting is selected in settings. I have tried manually toggling the check box in settings, and also tried toggling with the button, and neither one works. I also tried to reboot, with no change. Is this a software bug, or am I missing something?  Help !!

Thanks. 

HDMI
mtalinm

Re: Screen Auto Rotate Not Working -

it's just a buggy product. return it or get used to it. and hold out for the Q2 (which probably means June) update to ice cream sandwich
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 408
Kudos: 1,276
Solutions: 275

Well,

There should also be another OTA out before the end of the month...

The fix list is being compiled and should be available as a tip on the support site.  

Is auto rotate an issue on all your apps, or just certain ones?

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Punch Card
joehare

I have the same problem.

Issue is inside apps and on the homescreen with no apps opened.

Token Ring
niksch

The only app I cannot see in portrait mode is the Android Market.  Always in landscape. I just figured that was the way it worked.

Paper Tape
prosparky

The issue was on all apps. I ended up plugging in to my desktop via usb, and rebooted. I don't know if this is coincidence or not, but when it rebooted, the problem was gone. (I rebooted twice without being plugged in to my desktop, with no change.)

Thanks. 

What's DOS?
honet

I thought that was the case until my tablet got stuck in portrait mode and I figured that since the marketplace always came up in landscape, that I could open the marketplace and my screen would rotate to landscape, guess what, for the first time ever, on my tablet the marketplace was shown in portrait mode! I had to reboot it to fix.
802.11n
ameridian

Google play store will auto rotate (AR) just fine here. I remember playing with an iPad 2 when I was a noob and concluded that AR was buggy. I was physically rotating the tablet while it was lying flat on a desk.

Eventually figured out that it had to be held at a sufficient angle for AR to work. AR is triggered fastest with the tablet held vertically. The screen will never AR with the tablet lying flat or held at an insufficient angle (or if one is in a zero gravity environment).