Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
sandiegodude
Accepted Solution

Sent in my TPT for repair. Repair ETA is 3 months?!?!?! **bleep**?!?!

I broke down and sent in my TPT after my first weeks of ownership were riddled with troubleshooting and workarouds. IBM/Lenovo is ordering a new system board with an ETA for the part in mid JULY.  What the heck can take a repair center 2+ months to order a part?

Has anyone experience with this?  I cannot afford to wait for 2-3 months.  Now that IBM has my thinkpad, I can't even send it back to the vendor for a refund/replacement!

jiv
802.11n
jiv

Re: Sent in my TPT for repair. Repair ETA is 3 months?!?!?! **bleep**?!?!

Mine took 3 weeks and I thought that was bad. Good luck.

WWAN
pghFL

Make them ship it back and return to the vendor if that's still possible. Sorry to hear!
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Blue Screen Again
sandiegodude

I cannot accept this.
I will see if they can send a "loaner" tablet for work until the repaired one comes back in July (hopefully).
I am officially the butt of all the ipadders at work. THANKS Lenovo! Hahaha in all seriousness though, this is ridiculous. How can a repair center not have parts handy and how does it take 2-3 months to receive them if they're out of stock? Do they manufacture the parts on an "as-needed" basis???/
SCSI Port
ron2k_1

[ Edited ]

After two week of not having your device you can call the service depot and request that they escalate your case.  Then 3 days after a supervisor will give you a call and walk you through as to what you need to do get a new one.

Somebody else over here did that.  This is the link of that discussion:

Escallation post

Ron

Blue Screen Again
sandiegodude

UPDATE:

I received a replacement after a couple weeks of escelations.  The new tablet seems to be working perfectly.  It was definitely a hardware issue.

If any of you are having similar issues with the TPT falling asleep and crashing while charging, do yourself a favor and send it in for repair.  I spent the first month cursing the device thinking I made a mistake by purchasing a crappy tablet, but now I am enjoying my TPT as it was meant to be!