Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
spasell

Something very different...Need Help ASAP

I have not used my TFT for quite a while...probably over 5-6 weeks since my last log in.  My company mandated use of New iPad.  

I like this one so wanted to try and make it work with some company specifics apps.  

However, when I went to power it on, nothing...zero response...Thinking I am out of battery for some reason, although I did fully charge it the last time, I plugged into wall and let it sit for about 30-40 minutes.  

I went to press power key to power on, holding it down for about 5 seconds, and it vibrated indicating it was going to boot up but still nothing...a blank screen.  

So, thinking maybe it needs to charge a little longer, I waited another hour.  Same deal...vibrates but nothing, no screen, nothing. 

Can anyone assist me in what I should be doing here?  What I might be doing wrong?  Very strange...this has never happened to me before and when I last used the TPT to do some emails, etc, no issues whatsoever.  As a matter of fact, I bought the keyboard for it as well and used it quite often with zero issues. 

Any help is appreciated please!!!  

802.11n
slpin

Re: Something very different...Need Help ASAP

hold power button for 10 seconds?
Punch Card
bevo

Deeply exhausted battery? I got mine back from service this way. No response even after a couple of hours plugged in. Later on it started to boot but gave in after some seconds. Another night's charging did the trick.
Punch Card
seanp

Thanks for responses...after leaving plugged in for 3 hours, it actually came on, but said battery level was at 2%!!!!! That is UNACCEPTABLE. Now, I did find a dock for $15.00 on Amazon and decided it was worth the price, but if this is the case, with the wall charger the device came with taking what amounted to 20 hours to fully charge, I am DONE with TPT. I travel for business, and when I get to hotel, I am barely asleep for 7-8 hours before hitting the road the next day. Look at the videos of the happy sales guy traveling around with his awesome tablet, doing presentations, documents, etc with clients. My video would be me going to customer, loading up a presentation, and it shutting down because it ran out of battery despite being charged overnight in my hotel without even being turned on. I am seriously considering doing a video like that and putting it on Youtube.
802.11n
ameridian

[ Edited ]

seanp wrote:
~

My video would be me going to customer, loading up a presentation, and it shutting down because it ran out of battery despite being charged overnight in my hotel without even being turned on. I am seriously considering doing a video like that and putting it on Youtube.

Just get an iPad and cut the comedy.

Punch Card
seanp

Yeah, that would be great...I should just shelve the $550 tablet that takes 20 hours to fully charge, caters to business travelers with awesome videos of tablet in action...Great idea!! Thanks!!
802.11n
is1981

Ah, complaining again and again and again and again is a much better idea. As usual I will charge mine this night using the external power adaptor and OEM USB cable and it will be fully charged in less than four hours.
Punch Card
seanp

That's excellent for you!! Wish I new that trick. I have read more than a few people, quite a few people, that have the same issue I am having. It's all right here on the board for you to read. But I must, like many others, have received the one that doesn't have the magical super duper charging trick
Ctrl-Alt-Del
InnocentSmith

[ Edited ]

Hi Sobrado, how do you know when the tablet has been fully charged when it's off? I posted the question here

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/How-to-know-when-battery-has-completed-charging-i...

but nobody so far responded.

Thanks!

andyP
Topics: 164
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

Hi folks,

please, for the sake of the OP, keep this on topic and, (to quote the forum rules);

Treat others with the respect you wish to receive. Remember that the community is here to share collective experiences and wisdom, with the goal of all members enjoying greater success with their Lenovo products. Consider whether your comments serve to advance the discussion in a positive direction.

Thanks in advance

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog