Support in other languages: 
HDMI
Planemaker

Re: Something very different...Need Help ASAP

I tried charging with a non TPT charger and cable and it took hours.  Uisng the TPT charger and cable I can get a full charge in about 4 hours.

Are you sure you are using the genuine charger?

FYI - The first charge might take more time than future charges

Punch Card
seanp

Thanks Andy...that was my intent, as you can see from my original post...frustrated from this entire thing.

To answer last post it is the original charger, yes. Been plugged into the wall outlet since I bought my tablet.
Token Ring
steinAK

Disassemble the USB charger, i.e. the two-prong part from the adaptor. Check those pins. Check the pins on the USB end and on the cable end.

My adaptor shipped with a bent pin. I carefully set it in place but it would not have worked otherwise. I have a dock so it wan't noticed until months later.
andyP
Topics: 163
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

Just removed a couple of posts.

Mud slinging will not be tolerated, get on topic, keep on topic and keep it respectful.

Thanks in advance

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more. FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

802.11n
slpin

you can turn on airplane mode to make charging faster

jiv
802.11n
jiv

slpin wrote:

you can turn on airplane mode to make charging faster

Does doing that affect charge times even when the tablet is off?

Punch Card
Temetka

No.

Get a dock. They are cheap now. I just charged my TPT form 30% to 77% while doing dishes. Well worth the $25 I paid for the dock.
802.11n
is1981

[ Edited ]
As this thread has diverged a lot I will try to summarize:

@spasell: let your slate charge for a full day, if its battery has been deeply discharged it is your best bet. Just make sure the slate vibrates and shows an screen with a battery icon in the middle when starting the charging process. After one day, try to turn it on by pressing the power on button until the slate vibrates and you can see Lenovo's logo in the middle of the screen.

@seanp: no magic with the power brick I am aware of, just make sure the slate is turned off (not sleeping) while charging and it should fully charge in a few hours. Do not wait until the battery is deeply discharged to start charging it again if you can avoid it.

@InnocentSmith: sadly there is no easy way to see if the slate is fully charged without turning it on right now. The usual advice should be "look at the LED in the rear of the slate" but its behavior usefulness is just cryptic to me. It turns on when you turn on the slate and turns off again once the operating system starts loading.

@Lenovo: should it make sense changing the LED behavior on the slate tablet with a firmware upgrade? Its current behavior (turning on when the slate shows the Lenovo's logo on the display) does not look very useful to me. For me, a more useful behavior would be turning on when the slate is charging and off when the slate is charged. This way, we should be able to see if the slate has been fully charged without turning it on. In other words, make the LED work in a similar way it does on a ThinkPad laptop. Alternatively, it can blink while charging, stay on while charged, stay off while not connected to a power source. (Edit: this behavior, blinking while charging, stay on while charged, stay off when not connected to a power source, may fit better with the charging LED behavior in most ThinkPads and will make easy to isolate problems (e.g., the slate is connected to a power source but not being powered as a consequence of a bad power supply, USB cable, micro USB port or lack of power on the power socket.))
Punch Card
seanp

Thank for the tips. At no time however have I ever seen a battery icon indicating a charge. Also, why does it shut down when I stop using it instead of just waking back up like normal tablets? I used it last night, with 88% battery. Three hours later when I went to use it again I had to power it back on. Why does it do that? I have a Xoom as well and I can leave it on and unused all day and it will still have only lost10% life.
802.11n
is1981

There should be a large battery image in the middle of the screen for a few seconds at the beginning of the charging process, and a small battery icon with a lightning bolt while charging and turned on. The slate should not turn off while not in use, it should go to sleeping mode instead so you should be able to turn it on again with a short power button press. If it does not work in this way, you should contact technical service. (the power off while sleeping problem has been managed on other threads on this forum in the last month, it is a hardware problem.)