Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
seanp

Re: Something very different...Need Help ASAP

Unfortunately for me there's never been any icon of a battery charging other than that normal one that's small at bottom of screen. Hardware issue? Ugh...i take it that means tech support and sending it in.
WWAN
pghFL

sobrado - I've never had the charging icon either when charging. My previous model had it, but only once and then never again.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
802.11n
is1981

There is a small battery icon with a lightning bolt inside when charging and turned on. If you turn off the slate before charging it, then a large battery icon should appear in the middle of the screen for a few seconds (at same time the slate vibrates). I am running the latest OTA and, up to my knowledge, the battery firmware has been upgraded when applied OTA 2 the same day the slate arrived. Don't know why there is no icon when charging your slates.
HDMI
Planemaker

[ Edited ]

seanp wrote:

To answer last post it is the original charger, yes. Been plugged into the wall outlet since I bought my tablet.

including OEM cable?

Punch Card
seanp

Yes...OEM
HDMI
barbfxshow

[ Edited ]

Maybe I'm lucky, but I've never had an issue with charging. I carry a Buffalo USB power adapter with 3 500mA slots and one 2A slot. The 2A slot will fully charge my TPT overnight whether it is on or off. I even use one of the retractable USB cables, so my TPT travel pack is quite compact :-) The dock does charge it much faster. 500mA power sources seem useless for the TPT.

If I turn my TPT off and then plug in the USB power, the screen turns on and it shows me the battery icon and then the screen goes back off.

I don't know what the red LED does because I keep my TPT in a folio, but if I remember correctly Lenovo fumbled this in one of the OTA updates and hasn't fixed it since.

Seanp, have you updated your ROM since starting to use the tablet again? The OTA updates may fix some of your problems, but it does sound like your first charge has to be a full charge and it may take longer. Give it a few days (I know that sounds excessive . . .)

My TPT did spontaneously wake before just as some people's powered off. I think it was a faulty power button in my case. Eventually the power button fully broke and I sent it in (witha 6-day turn-around and a full system board replacement). The system board was replaced, and now it wakes, sleeps, turns on and off just as it should with no issues (other than the still very weak, but finally functional GPS, unnecessary capacitive buttons I hit with my hand while using the stylus, a camera that never takes the time to find the focus, the lack of a full backup solution, no root, etc ;-)

¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 1838CTO (not rooted, from Lenovo Direct Japan); WiFi-only model (w/ Galaxy Note LTE as tether); 64GB system memory with Transcend 64GB Class 10 SDXC card; ThinkPadTablet_A310_02_0039_0090_JP rom; GPS works (slowly) after 2012/04 return (power button had broke); Camera will not focus. (note: I have not re-tested these since the ICS update 2012/06/21) ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Punch Card
seanp

Thanks for the information. I have let it charge longer and no it does seem to charge slightly faster. The issue though is the time frame needed using wall chargers. For instance, on my iPad from my company (which I prefer not to use), it takes 2 hours to fully charge if it's completely empty. On my Xoom, it's about 3 hours sometimes a little less. I drained battery fully this weekend on the TPT and when charging it fully off, I turned it on after 6 hours and it was 88%. I realized then as well there's no indicator to tell someone when it is funny charged if you have powered it off fully. That would be a request for future updates. Man, I really do want to love this tablet. I just downloaded an app called my write stylus or something like that and actually wrote, with very little errors, an entire long email. It was great. That's why I bought the tablet...for the pen features. With this powering up issue, and for whatever reason, the extremely laggy performance, combined with constant browser crashes and crashes in certain apps, I am frustrated. This is why Apple dominates the market. And I cannot stand using their products. I really want a reason NOT to and to prove to our sales department that the TPT is the way to go. That would mean 13 new TPT in the field but all these issues I mentioned are not small minor things. They are real and prevent me from doing so. Also, Apple now has decent pen abilities and apps, something that was lacking when the TPT first came out. I spent time trying to defend using this more business centric device but Apple keeps catching up...frustrating.
802.11n
splotz

[ Edited ]
Waiting for updates and changes..?
Good luck!
____Pen fixed? :smileysad:____ Brightness Fixed :smileyhappy:, Backup? Root needed:smileyindifferent:__Lenovoappshop:smileysad:_____
______(Did you know that you can form " no love " out of "lenovo" ?)________
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Loving-the-Tablet/td-p/716089

Punch Card
seanp

Oh yes, I also did get update and downloaded it about a week ago.
802.11n
splotz

[ Edited ]
I am waiting forsome fixes for long time already...
I hope you dont want to write quick notes on your tablet, there is a thread where youcan read about the pen problems....
But there are also other issues....
ed. inthe thread about the ota updates you can find which they are and if they are importantfor you
____Pen fixed? :smileysad:____ Brightness Fixed :smileyhappy:, Backup? Root needed:smileyindifferent:__Lenovoappshop:smileysad:_____
______(Did you know that you can form " no love " out of "lenovo" ?)________
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Loving-the-Tablet/td-p/716089