11-17-2011 10:10 AM
just wanted to let you know of a little trick I found out how using splashtop you can turm your tpt into a secondary monitor for your windows 7 machine.
1. what you have to do is on your computer press the "windows-key + p" to open the monitor options. then click on the "expand desktop" field.
2. now go to the screenresolution settings (right-click on the desktop, third entry from the bottom). here change the resolution of the second monitor to 1280 x 800 and position it whereever you want it to be (right, left, top, bottom of your main screen). you might have to reset the "expand desktop" option incase it switched over to "mirror-desktop".
3. connect splashtop with your computer (remember to set the splashtop-resolution-settings to "use resolution of host machine" and to click save at the top) and start a session.
4. now you can pull up the splashtop options bei tapping with three fingers on the screen. at the bottem is a sign that when being presse switches between your primary and secondary monitor. press it, and splashtop should switch to the oother monitor. you can now pull any window or program to the secondary monitor and uese it there.
two helpfull tipps:
1. using the windows-key and the left and right arrow-keys, allows you to send windows from one side of the screen to the other and after that to the secondary monitor (if the monitors are set so that they are horizontal next to each other).
2. if you have a pdf on your second monitor and are using the grab-tool (hand) to pan around the pages, you can now do this directly on your tpt and dont have to use your mouse for it.
i hope some of you find this as usefull as i do, have fun with it!!
12-29-2012 07:33 AM