Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
jiv
802.11n
jiv

TPT screen keeps turning on while charging

I didn't have this problem before I sent it in to Lenovo for a system board replacement. While charging, the screen randomly turns on and stays on; regardless of whether it is in the keyboard folio or out of it. Anyone else experiencing (or solved) this problem?

HDMI
mtalinm

Re: TPT screen keeps turning on while charging

same thing, happens all the time. I normally turn it off when I want it to charge, but then i have to boot it up again (which ironically takes longer than my Lenovo laptop!)
Fanfold Paper
amulitze

I got the same issue. It leads to a much longer time for charging. I takes about three to four times the time as if it would be shut down completely.

When I got my TPT configured to turn off the screen after 10 minutes, even a whole night is not enough to charge it without turning it of completely.

Is there anyone from Lenovo interested in this issue? To me there is no good reason for this "feature".

Is there another thread for this topic?

802.11n
ameridian

amulitze wrote:

~

Is there anyone from Lenovo interested in this issue? To me there is no good reason for this "feature".

Settings --> Applications ---> Development....see if you have "Stay awake" checked. If not, then it's probably an issue with your tablet. Contact Lenovo support.

HDMI
deadday

Mine has not charged properly since its return. I'm hoping it just needs to cycle a few times..it also seems like the micro port is still not up to spec, as if the usb cord is moved while charging, it will often stop the charge.
Fanfold Paper
amulitze

[ Edited ]

ameridian schrieb:

amulitze wrote:

~

Settings --> Applications ---> Development....see if you have "Stay awake" checked. If not, then it's probably an issue with your tablet. Contact Lenovo support.

Hi ameriadian,

thanks for the reply. I checked it, but even though this function is not flagged, the disply turns on frequently and turns off shortly after. Charging my TPT is quite a challenge as it seems like only the original charging equipment seems to work. All other devices, even those with 2A, charge for some minutes and then stop charging. I have to shut it down completely to work with other charging devices.

One more item on my TPTs s***-list (besides no GPS, broken power button, asking for SIM-pin, etc...).