Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
tbrauch

Tablet will not charge in dock

I got my Thinkpad Tablet about 10 days ago, just in time to take it with me on a week long trip out of town.  Things worked great.  Now that I'm back, I've had some time to try out the dock.  Unfortunately, when I put the tablet in the dock, it will not charge.

Does the tablet do anything to recognize it has been docked?

• If it is supposed to, my does not.  Which leads me to think either the port is broken or the dock is broken.
  • If not, then it might still b e one of those problems or it could be the power cord.

What am I supposed to do to try to fix this issue?

WWAN
pghFL

Re: Tablet will not charge in dock

[ Edited ]

If it was me I'd call CS where I bought it and the tablet. Then I'd call Lenovo CS if the former didn't work. This is a user forum.

The dock is supposed to charge by by simple tablet placement as long as it's plugged in.

===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Blue Screen Again
tbrauch

I bought it from Lenovo directly.  I can't find a phone number for them on their support website.  Using the "Guided Assistance" there is no trail to the dock doesn't work.  In fact, their guided assistance doesn't even acknowledge the dock for the tablet.  It kept sending me to the Community Knowledgebase which doesn't help either.

802.11n
p600

[ Edited ]

If tablet battery icon changes to the lighting strike once the device is plugged to the dock, it's got the contact and is charging.

Try to power off the device, then dock it, and the power on while in the dock. Reported % of battery charge should go up at least 1% in 3 minutes. If it does not, while the battery icon is displaying the lighting strike, it's defective and support should be called.

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

tbrauch wrote:

...I can't find a phone number for them on their support website..

I'm not sure if this is the right one.  It says "Support Center telephone numbers for ThinkPad, ThinkCentre, and ThinkStation systems"  If it isn't correct, hopefully they can send you to the right place.

Z.

United States English 1-800-426-7378
Select "Option #1"
24 hours/day
7 days/week

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество