Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Token Ring
daveelt

Re: ThinkPad 1838 Help

[ Edited ]

I just re read your OP.  Are you saying that your password expired and now it will not let you connect?

What happens when you open your browser and try to browse? 

Ctrl-Alt-Del
euscsey

When I get within range of the signal it goes straight into Obtaining signal connecting and finally it says Connected.

All this is done with a password that has expired so even though it says connected I can not access the internet.

There has to be a way to interrupt the process to allow me to change the password or delete the network totally and let it rediscover it without having access to a password therefore forcing me to enter on.

Token Ring
daveelt

Well.  As far as I know, the only password in the TPT is the one for the connection itself when it is a secured connection.  Since the connection you are making is not secured, the password must be at the router level.

It sounds like the first time you connected you went into the browser and it presented you with a web page that asked you for a password and after entering it, you were given access.  I was guessing that you saved that password in the browser and it was auto logging in every time you opened the browser and that page came up.

The only other guess I would have for you is to go to setttings(as the OS level, not in the browser)->apps->manage apps and go to the browser app and clear data and cache and hopefully this would clear out the cached page with the login credentials.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
euscsey

I followed your suggestion and will see what happens tomorrow when I get close to the signal...

My fingers are crossed.

Thanks for all your help. I will let you know the outcome tomorrow.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
euscsey

Shoot. Still auto connects with the bogus password.

Token Ring
daveelt

Try another browser.