Support in other languages: 
Token Ring
steinAK

Re: ThinkPad slate tablet's shipping thread - 2011 edition

11/28 Ordered my TPT from Lenovo online store.

11/28 Shipping Estimate: 12/6

11/30 Shipping Estimate changed to 12/7

12/5 Shipping Estimate field empty

12/7 Phone contact at Lenovo states Shipping Estimate is now 12/15 without specific reason

I watched and wanted and waited to finally pony up for a TPT on Cyber-Monday after 4 months. As it appears the shipping fubar from Lenovo still exists, I'm disappointed and not interested in being played along. I thought they had pulled it together but now I'm stuck in the middle. Needed this for travels in December and by the looks of it I won't be here if it eventually arrives. I'm going to cancel my order - sorry Lenovo.

Paper Tape
andrewc87

@steinAK I had the exact same thing happen to me! This same thing happened to me 5 years ago with my last ThinkPad...company doesn't seem to be able to change their ways

Token Ring
obscure_detour

I ordered through Amazon and the tablet was actually sold by Tigerdirect and was received in 3 days time after purchase.

My condolences steinAK for your woes.
WWAN
pghFL

Hate to say, but if they had issues before cyber Monday how would anything change. Imagine how many orders they got on that day alone.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Fanfold Paper
Buttons

[ Edited ]

steinAK,

I could have written the exact same thread. 

For me, the release of the next hardware upgrade seems to be getting closer and closer to my actually getting this one.  I'm debating holding out.  But that could be a perpetual cycle.

Token Ring
steinAK

To update my order/shipping experience:

Sent websales@lenovo.com an order cancellation request email last Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and then an email on Thursday with language regarding contacting my bank. Not a single response to any of them.

TPT Order shipped Saturday 3:50 AM 12/10/11

I may receive the TPT by the 15th if it did indeed ship. This might work out. Pitiful communication from Lenovo though. Like none.

Token Ring
steinAK

Update: Received 3 emails in row on Mon. 12/12 from Lenovo Websales stating the product had already shipped, contained apologies and instructions to return the tablet unopened.

Tablet and dock picked up from my local UPS this morning, 12/14. Delivered before their revised estimated shipping date and, to be honest, got here about the same day it would have if shipped on the 7th. (weekend delay plus Alaska delivery).

All in all, Lenovo pulled it off without burning me on delayed shipping. (They did throw in a $25 shipping charge because I'm in Alaska though).

What a slick unit! Popped it in the dock and started charging before I powered it up. First Android device for me and I fell right in. So far it is very nice, speedy, smooth, gorgeous and fun. I will migrate to other appropriate threads for any further thoughts on my 32gb TPT.  

Fanfold Paper
Buttons

Mine showed up on 12/16.  Love it!

WWAN
pghFL

Congrats! Love mine, too. Every single day.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Punch Card
futzy

I'll be ordering a 32gb model from amazon soon. To clarify this version comes with a pen, yes?

And would it be safe to apply the firmware updates? Researching on them shows that there has been plenty of problems with the update in early November, but I have not been able to find out if the latest update was able to resolve the issues that were had

Thanks