Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

ThinkPad tablet shipping discussion - 2012 / 2013 edition

[ Edited ]

All,

To help keep discussions on shipping most relevant and managable (who wants to read through 50+ pages?), we start a new discussion at the begining of the year.   If you were participating in the 2011 discussion, it can be found here.

Here are some common points of frequent discussion related to Lenovo direct orders:

• Avoid Credit Holds - ensure that BOTH your bill to and ship to addresses are listed with your CC bank before ordering
  • Lenovo will NOT bill your card until order ships - an authorization charge hold to check for available balance may show up when order is first placed.
  • Estimated ship dates are based on default lead time and can vary from what was displayed on website.
  • In the US and Canada, Lenovo utilizes UPS for new product shipments
  • Orders may ship before the Estimated Ship Date
  • Orders may enter through Alaska and pass through Louisville, KY before traveling on to final address
  • Cancellation requests may take up to 2 days to process
  • Requests to change configuration or other aspects of the order may require the order to be rebooked.
  • Lenovo does not accept payment via international credit cards, except AMEX.

Have fun with your new Think-tablets!

Moderator comment: Subject edited - thread extended to 2013.

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
mjkunz

Re: ThinkPad tablet shipping discussion thread - 2012 / 2013 edition

[ Edited ]

We would love to enjoy our TP2 tablets but the USB does not work. Please read the thread about the defective USB port  in this forum and get an executive involved quickly or you are going to get thousands of these returned to our doorstep in the next few weeks. This a serious is a serious issue that needs immediate attention.

Moderator comment: Subject edited.

Punch Card
Lumpi

[ Edited ]

I totaly agree with you, mjkunz.

i would like to get an answer of this question.

Punch Card
Spinedoc

[ Edited ]

The USB issue is pretty bad, Lenovo really needs to address this or at least let us know if its a permanent designed issue or if its a mistake which can be fixed.   Seeing how poorly they handled the launch I don't have much hope and am wondering if Lenovo deserves my hard earned money.  I will definitely return my tpt2 if I can't access a DVD or hard drive through the USB port, something every single other windows tablet on the market can do and what is supposed to be one of microsofts stronger selling points.  

I find this very difficult to believe it was planned, it must be some kind of firmware or software mistake, it just makes no sense if they did it on purpose.

Punch Card
mjkunz

Mine is boxed up and ready to go back to Newegg tomorrow. Lenovo might get this fixed, but not in the next 30 days and I can't use it the way it is. I was burned on the original ThinkPad tablet, so I will stick with my ASUS 810 for right now. It beats the TP2 in every way except size (if users want a 10" tablet). It is going to be too small, especially with the keyboard. I like the 11" size, just wish the Atoms could handle USB 3.0 and 1080p.
Punch Card
AllReD

The response to this issue will say alot about this company.

Punch Card
bpcooper14

I'm anxiously awaiting word from Lenovo about why the shipping date on my order was pushed back 3 times in under 24 hours.  Instead of the initial estimated deliver of the 10th, it is now slated for the 24th.  I would be able to understand if these were custom builds, but here in the US, you have only 3 options to order and only 2 of these options are a different hardware configuration.  

Now with the USB power issue, I am thinking about canceling my order entirely and moving to another company for a new Windows slate.  This whole process is disappointing and leads little to believe that the customer support will be there when/if there is a problem down the line with my product.  

Punch Card
mjkunz

I did some testing today and the only way to use a dvd burner and external hdd is to purchase a powered usb hub. I tested all my peripherals and they worked fine this way. Unfortunately I am not interested in lugging around another device and power cord in my briefcase just to have the capability that Lenovos competitors products already offer. Way to screw up a product launch again. Pay me half what you pay your execs and engineers and I would have made sure this product launched properly.
Punch Card
catchtony

Re: ThinkPad tablet shipping discussion - 2012 / 2013 edition

Can I ask if anyone in Australia has received their TPT2 and in particular one with 3G?

thanks

Punch Card
bpcooper14

Re: ThinkPad tablet shipping discussion - 2012 / 2013 edition

I have a quick question.  When I ordered my TPT2, I received expedited shipping with my purchase.  Now, I am one of the lucky ones who has had their shipping date bounce around like a ping pong ball BUT my tablet has in fact shipped.  More specifically, my order details show that it shipped on 1/9.  When checking the UPS site, the label was created on the 10th @ 5:44 AM.  The next scan wasn't until 1/11 at 9:29 PM.  Scheduled delivery is not until the 16th "by end of day".

Now I do realize that this is coming from China.  And I do realize that different companies have different interpretations of the word expedited.  HOWEVER, the Customer Service agent I spoke to yesterday said that I would receive my product in 24-48 hours.  Worst case scenario, I would have expected delivery on Monday.  NOT 7 days after my package allegedly shipped per my order details on the Lenovo site.  

The accumulating number of descrepencies and misinformation or lack of information is troubling at best.  If I am wrong in this regard, I apologize but I believe that many of us have been extremely patient throughout this process with little reciprocation from Lenovo on how they can quell our concerns or issues.