Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
Dmitry_11111

Re: Thinkpad Tablet 1: Errors on Recovery Menu

Martin,

Hope, this are good news for us.

Waiting for further information from you and from Lenovo!

Sincerely,

Dmitry

- Bricked - Thinkpad Tablet 1 - Lenovo Please Help !! (more than 90 days bricked and counting)
Token Ring
martiniturbide

Hi

Yesteday I was contacted by the "AG Director of Quality - North America" and told me that is going to help me with this.

Today I got contacted by a "Customer Advocate, Executive " that told me if I'm willing to give my tablet in for analisys and repair. I told him that there is no problem with that.

He also told me that Lenovo's product engineering group is studying the issues I brought on the letter and that he will keep me updated about this.

I hope that I definitive solution for the locked bootloader can be produced.

I will keep posting any news.

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
- Lenovo. Please unlock the Thinkpad Tablet bootloader
- Thinkpad Tablet 1838-22U
- Thinkpad L420 - 7853-3WS
- Thinkpad R51 - 1830-PS0
- ScrollPoint Pro Mouse
Paper Tape
andd

[ Edited ]

This is really great news. My TPT is dead for more than one month. Hope I can repair it before it goes to a rubbish bin with all the working hardware in it

Token Ring
martiniturbide

Hi

The thread had opened in two directions.

The "AG Director of Quality" contacted me today and told me that "The software and quality engineering teams once again opened the investigation per your request on the ThinkPad Tablet, to see if there is a possible software solution for this issue." and that she is going to keep me in touch.

Also got an e-mail from the "Lencare Team Leader SSA" in Argentina (yestedary night)  that wants to talk to me. I assume that is to turn in my tablet in.

I will let you know how things turn out.

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
- ScrollPoint Pro Mouse
Punch Card
Dmitry_11111

Martin,

I was contacted from Ukrainian Lenovo and they told about only for money repair of my tablet. They will contact with me with information about price of such repair.

I don't understand what they mean about...and waiting for continue of this conversation on Monday. 

I'll inform all about my results.

Sincerely,

Dmitry

- Bricked - Thinkpad Tablet 1 - Lenovo Please Help !! (more than 90 days bricked and counting)
Token Ring
martiniturbide

Hi.

Like a told before my support thread had opened in two directions.

One side leaded by the "Customer Advocate, Executive" told me (July 3) that I'm going to get a replacement part of the tablet on July 15.

The other side leaded by "AG Director of Quality, North America"  told me that the ""The software and quality engineering teams once again opened the investigation per your request on the ThinkPad Tablet, to see if there is a possible software solution for this issue." (June 28). Today I asked if there is any progress about this issue.

Even that I been told that my tablet is going to get fixed, I think that the important thing for all of us is to get a reponse from the "Engeneering teams" and try to get a final solution of the bricked TP tablets with locked bootloaders.

Regard

Martín

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
- ScrollPoint Pro Mouse
Token Ring
martiniturbide

Today I got this reply from the "AG Director of Quality, North America"

Hi Mr. Iturbide.  I apologize for not responding sooner, but I wanted to review the feedback with the software engineers again. 

The only solution Lenovo has to offer for this issue is to replace the motherboard.  This is due to the fact that portions of the Android image contain Lenovo proprietary code.  Additionally, there are licensed and DRM protected content that cannot be shared.

I do apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue, and understand you feel we are over-correcting.  Your feedback will go into future consideration as we develop our next line of consumer products.

Thanks for your support and please do not hesitate to contact me in the future.

Regards,

I replied insisting that other Lenovo Tablet models has a vanilla ROM or the same Lenovo gives the procedure to install custom ROM "AS IS".

It is very unfair that this tablet that I liked a lot has the locked bootloader and is prone to software bricks without recovery, just because of  "MyScript Notes"  or "QuickOffice" or maybe "Angry Birds" or any other DRM software that is giving this limitation.

I don't care about this software, I think we have the right to have this tablet working if the hardware is working fine.  We only need Lenovo to release the bootlader keys so we can put our own vanilla Android image.

I hope I can get an answer to reconsider this. I feel bad escalating this again to the management team saying that the Lenovo team was not able to fix this, my goal was to get a solution for everyone and just say "thank you".

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
- ScrollPoint Pro Mouse
Token Ring
keszegh

I have the same errror, and although i have cwm, it seems that as the partitions are messed up the only way would be to use nvflash. and my bootloader is also unlocked.

let me know if i can help in any way to propagate this issue and push lenovo to provide the sbk code. i already commented on the petition on the lenovo forums. it is painful to think that my tablet become a brick just because a missing number. using pc's before this is unbelievable that the hw works ok and just because of a sw problem i can throw out (or possible change the motherboard for a high price) the tablet.

Punch Card
Dmitry_11111

+1000

Paper Tape
jiaxindu

The same thing happened to me, please let me know if you have a solution.