Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
rgarcia

Re: Thinkpad Tablet 2 Wifi Issue

[ Edited ]

Could you please post the direct download link to the firmware update installer. I don't know which one I have to download... :/

TPT2 - 3679-25G
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

rgarcia,

Do you mean the download link for the Cisco firmware?

The link is contained in the solution section of this article.  I generally try to include links to the source doccument so that readers can understand any pre-requisites or other qualifying / disqualifying information and reduce the risk of misapplication .

Hopefully this gets you going!

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
What's DOS?
peterzhang5152

hi guys

after try many times ,i find solution for Tpt2 wifi issue.

tpt2 olny can use 802.1b&g

but most router is 802.1n, you may have to setpup your router to 802.1 bgn mixed

and find tpt2 adapeter setting "minimum power consumption "=disabled

"bandwidth capability"=11b/g:20/40mhz

then will be ok

good luck

Fanfold Paper
monteolsen1

I sent mine in via overnight shipping and haven't heard a word since. It's been over a week, now. Sigh.
Paper Tape
drpotts

I had the same issue with a weak wifi.

Reconnected and rerouted the cable.  Now everything is great.

Thanks for the help.  I work with PCs but I did not want to open the case without any knowledge of the issue.

Fanfold Paper
nor500

Last week I returned my 2nd 3679_25G version tablet2 because of the bad wifi signal. Someone wrote only 3 is defected out of 10. In my case 100% was defetcted. And also I didn't want my brand new device to send back for repair.  I heard there are major issues with the powered usb and the hdmi connector too.

Will there be any new revision number which is with corrected wifi, usb and hdmi? When can we expect it? in weeks, in months or in a year?

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

nor500,

I'm going to update the USB thread, so let's keep the issues seperate.  The short answer is that our USB port meets the USB 2.0 spec fully.

I think we generally have the Wifi issue sorted out, but will continue to monitor this thread.  Sorry that you had several units that didn't work.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Fanfold Paper
nor500

[ Edited ]

Dear Mark,

What do you mean you sorted out the wifi issues? Has Lenvo called back all the units with defected units from the retailers stock? How can I be sure if I am ordering the my third unit then it will eventually be without the wifi issue? Can you give the version numbers I should avoid like: 3679_3g, or so?

Best regards

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

nor500,

Lenovo isn't doing a recall on this issue - those are typically reserved for safety issues.  This type of issue is covered under the terms of our standard warranty and any provisision at your place of purchase for exchange.

We believe the antenna cable being partially disconnected is a fairly low occurance rate within the overall install base of what we have already shipped.  I understand that there are several people who have reported having multiple units that seemed to be affected.  There is no way for us to bound this based on build date / serial number or sub model of system.  

I say we've resolved this, in that we've updated manufacturing, and have released a tip so that our WW service teams have information on this, know what to look for, and how to properly route the cable.  

Mark

Mark Hopkins
twitter @lenovoforums
Paper Tape
chrissmith338

Thanks blkrx.Just got my TPT2 and same problem - I opened it open it and sure enough the 90 degree connection on that gray antenna wire was not seated properly. Fixed it similar to you and now it's great! 

This should definitely be fixed on Lenovo's end. Otherwise, a really great tablet for $650 (CAD)