Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
jlathon

Thinkpad tablet PDF reader problems

Hi, I just bought the 32gb wifi only version to store books on and take note during my college classes.  When I went to put my materials book on it goes into the eBooks folder fine, but when I try and open it with the preinstalled ereader, it opens for a second then immediately closes every time.  I have tried taking it off and using other books and both my digital physics text book (PDF) and Sahara by Clive Cussler (epub) work just fine.  I can view the materials book on my PC, and my roommate can put it on his Samsung galaxy tab 8.9 using the default ereader as well.  Any help would be nice, thanks.

P.S.  I know that there are other apps that may or may not be able to read the problematic book, but I want to figure out and solve the problem and be able to view it from the default ereader

WWAN
pghFL

Re: Thinkpad tablet PDF reader problems

There are better pdf readers for little $. Try EzPDF. It's good. Get it from Google Play.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
802.11n
is1981

What OTA upgrades are installed on your slate?

Token Ring
Thjalfi

The preinstalled eReader on the TPT is utterly useless.

There are better PDF readers that can manage a collection of books and they do not even cost anything. I am using Aldiko and Kindle for Android. With Kindle you can even make your PDFs available and synchronize the reading progress on all your devices - I'm sorry if this looks like a plug for Amazon, but I find it can be an advantage.

When someone is helpful to you, thank them by giving them a kudo. 18382BG ThinkPadTablet_A400_03_0070_0132_WE
Paper Tape
jlathon

[ Edited ]

Nont sure what OTA is...

The book works fine in Aldiko, not sure why but it is wierd that the default program wont open this pdf, but will open others.

Token Ring
niksch

OTA = Over The Air.  It's how Lenovo sends us system updates.  I'll +1 eZPDF.

Token Ring
Thjalfi

I bought ezPDF when it was on sale for 10 cents. It is good for annotating PDFs, but I have not used it to handle my library. Does ezPDF remember the reading progess?

When someone is helpful to you, thank them by giving them a kudo. 18382BG ThinkPadTablet_A400_03_0070_0132_WE
jiv
802.11n
jiv

Thjalfi wrote:

I bought ezPDF when it was on sale for 10 cents. It is good for annotating PDFs, but I have not used it to handle my library. Does ezPDF remember the reading progess?

Yes it does. but only for 1 file, I think.

What's DOS?
tfmnbg

I found the pre installed e-reader fell over after about 30 or more PDF files (5Gb ea.) Were installed. I installed Aldiko and thatit could manage the 2 Gig of PDF files I loaded but was still having problems viewing files. The screen would not respond to magnify instantly, or page turn. Discovered the PDF reader that is part of Docs To Go (I think) was working better. So I ditched Aldiko and had to download a file manager - File Manager MD (free). It works better but still not perfect. I still have occasional issues viewing PDF files, loading very slowly, like 2 min. And not responding to touch zoom but then sometimes the same file will work OK. I was thinking originally it was the Tablet but I think maybe it is the Apps.