Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
Keinlicht
Accepted Solution

Thinkpad tablet lockscreen brightness bug

I've been searching around for those with a similar issue to mine, but i can't seem to find any threads that match.

My TPT seems to have a problem where the screen brightness is reset after unlocking the screen, to about 70 or 80% of its maximum value.

This is extremely frustrating as it significantly impacts battery life, and I'm often using my slate during lectures where I need to be able to rely on not draining my whole battery in a few hours.

Does anybody know if this is a common problem, or if Ive just overlooked something? I tuned off auto brightness, and have been trying everything i can think of, but to no avail. It would be nice if I could avoid changing the brightness after every single unlock.
Guru
ExJamJus

Re: Thinkpad tablet lockscreen brightness bug

Is it on the latest OTA? Tried resetting the TPT to factory settings?
*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y2P (i5) ... Feel free to ping me if you want me to test some applications with your Y2P if you have the same model. I don't mind keep doing recovery on it if needed .... =)
What's DOS?
rogreen

I have the same issue. Everything was fine until the last OS upgrade,

Guru
ExJamJus

I personally do not have a TPT to test this. Let me check with someone who does ...
*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y2P (i5) ... Feel free to ping me if you want me to test some applications with your Y2P if you have the same model. I don't mind keep doing recovery on it if needed .... =)
Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 79
Kudos: 260
Solutions: 136

All,

Thanks ExJamJus for your info.

My tablet currently is at build number version 02_0039_0086_US. Tested but found no problem on brightness issue. I will update version and test again.

Is your version 0089_US ?

-Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
jiv
802.11n
jiv

I have this problem on 74_ROW as well. I'm not sure if the latest update fixes this as I don't intend to update anytime soon.

Guru
ExJamJus

@rogreen,

Appreciate if you can post your OTA version.

@jiv,

I don' see why you shouldn't update the OTA version? OTA updates are released to fix bugs?
*Non Lenovo employee*

802.11n
splotz

Is it similiar to this?

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/ISSUE-Brightness-flashes-up-and-stays-bright/m-p/...
____Pen fixed? :smileysad:____ Brightness Fixed :smileyhappy:, Backup? Root needed:smileyindifferent:__Lenovoappshop:smileysad:_____
______(Did you know that you can form " no love " out of "lenovo" ?)________
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Loving-the-Tablet/td-p/716089

WWAN
pghFL

ExJamJus wrote:
@rogreen,

Appreciate if you can post your OTA version.

@jiv,

I don' see why you shouldn't update the OTA version? OTA updates are released to fix bugs?
As many things are broken with "fixes" as are solved. HTC is famous for this, and now Lenovo. That's why folks want root. To fix what vendors release broken, and update to broken status.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
802.11n
ameridian

ExJamJus wrote:
@jiv,

He probably isn't aware that an OTA2.5 root exploit already exists.

http://www.thinkpadtabletforums.com/thinkpad-tablet-root-hacks-mods-and-development/yareftpt-yet-ano...