Search instead for 
Do you mean 
802.11n
splotz

Re: Thinkpad tablet lockscreen brightness bug

[ Edited ]

Hi, 

as i mentioned before in this thread

it happens for me still  with OTA2.5 WE 89.

Kind Regards

Splotz 

edit: Link fixed

____Pen fixed? :smileysad:____ Brightness Fixed :smileyhappy:, Backup? Root needed:smileyindifferent:__Lenovoappshop:smileysad:_____
______(Did you know that you can form " no love " out of "lenovo" ?)________
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Loving-the-Tablet/td-p/716089

Token Ring
jchammerpants

Possible workaround... Re: Thinkpad tablet lockscreen brightness bug

I have a slightly different problem for which I have found a workaround. Hope it helps you...

If I am using my TPT while it is charging, the screen constantly insists on becoming very bright even though I have disabled "Auto" brightness. Through trial and error, I have learned this trick to keep the brightness from self-adjusting:  I turn off 'Auto,' then quickly set the brightness that I want, then immediately turn ' Auto' back ON.  Yes, it doesn't make sense, but my 'Auto' toggle seems to function as more of a brightness lock.  No idea why.

JC 

802.11n
is1981

Re: Possible workaround... Re: Thinkpad tablet lockscreen brightness bug

I agree with other people in this thread now. A few hours ago the screen became very bright without apparent reason. Very bright, indeed. If I remember correctly, the screen become very bright for less than a second and returned to the right brightness. After touching the screen it became very bright again and remained this way until manually set the brightness. I agree with jchammerpants too: the auto mode seems to work more as a brightness lock control than as a way to automatically set the brightness using the ambient light sensor.

It looks like a software problem.
Fanfold Paper
Phinkpad

Another bug?

1. Set brightness to minimum, Auto brightness is OFF.

2. Start Kindle reader app.

3. Open a book.

Result is that the screen will become a few steps brighter. If you check the OS brightness setting it is still set at minimum. If you check the Kindle App brightness setting at the top right, the slider is also at the minimum. Exiting the Kindle app does not restore the display to the previous i.e. minimal setting.

Can any else reproduce this on A310_02_0039_0089_ROW.

802.11n
splotz

[ Edited ]

If you are unlucky the screen backgroundlight will be _off_  after quitting the app.

My workaround was to press the "Browser"-Button.

After the browser started, the backgroundlight came to live again.... 

I dont want to know how many people had already this problem and had to sent the tablet to repair (with all their private data on it ....)   

____Pen fixed? :smileysad:____ Brightness Fixed :smileyhappy:, Backup? Root needed:smileyindifferent:__Lenovoappshop:smileysad:_____
______(Did you know that you can form " no love " out of "lenovo" ?)________
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Loving-the-Tablet/td-p/716089

Lenovo Staff
bsnf

The brightness issue has been resolved in the ICS release, we were able to test the fix today.

SCSI Port
Neokazaki

As ICS 4.0.4 was recently pushed out by google, will the ICS build for the TPT be based on 4.0.4?

802.11n
is1981

Agreed, it would be nice having 4.0.4 at least on a post-OTA3 update. This ICS release has more stability fixes.