Support in other languages: 
jiv
802.11n
jiv

Re: Thinkpad tablet lockscreen brightness bug

ameridian wrote:

He probably isn't aware that an OTA2.5 root exploit already exists.

http://www.thinkpadtabletforums.com/thinkpad-tablet-root-hacks-mods-and-development/yareftpt-yet-ano...

Yes, I was not aware of that. Thank you for the update.

The reason why I'm not updating or rooting yet is because my exams are about a month away and I'm relying on my TPT for school. Not updating it because at the moment I can live with the TPT issues I'm having (I doubt OTA2.5 fixes them anyway), and I'm not that confident with the rooting process yet (don't want to brick it when I need it the most).

What's DOS?
rogreen

0089_ROW
jiv
802.11n
jiv

rogreen wrote:
0089_ROW

Are you saying that 0089_ROW fixes the problem or also has it?

Lenovo Staff
bsnf

Keinlicht wrote:
I've been searching around for those with a similar issue to mine, but i can't seem to find any threads that match.

My TPT seems to have a problem where the screen brightness is reset after unlocking the screen, to about 70 or 80% of its maximum value.

This is extremely frustrating as it significantly impacts battery life, and I'm often using my slate during lectures where I need to be able to rely on not draining my whole battery in a few hours.

Does anybody know if this is a common problem, or if Ive just overlooked something? I tuned off auto brightness, and have been trying everything i can think of, but to no avail. It would be nice if I could avoid changing the brightness after every single unlock.

I did not see this problem on my Tablet that has build 89 US.

Set the brightness level to approx 30% and it stays at that.

802.11n
is1981

I cannot see it either. Tried unlocking the screen after both (1) locking the screen by pressing the power on button and (2) waiting until the screen locks itself. The screen brightness remains at the same level it was before locking.
jiv
802.11n
jiv

This usually occurs when the screen is just about to go off. Also happens when the screen starts to go off and you stop it from going off.

Fanfold Paper
Phinkpad

I also have this probem on a whenever waking up the Thinkpad from sleep mode by pressing the power swtich. Screen brightness was originally set to minimum.

18384XB

A310_02_0039_0089_ROW

Lockscreen secured with numeric PIN

Timeout is 5s and "Lock screen immediately after screen automatically turns off"

Use tactile feedback is ON.

I also have the unresolved problem of not being able to update to Notes Mobile 1.1 (see other thread).

Punch Card
Sepemulle

i have WE version and theres no problem for me, could it be a specific ROW problem?
Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 77
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 125

[ Edited ]

jiv wrote:

This usually occurs when the screen is just about to go off. Also happens when the screen starts to go off and you stop it from going off.

Jiv,

Although i didn't have the sudden brightness after wake up as i mentioned earlier, but I think i noticed the same thing as you did. I tested by setting the screen timeout to 15 secs and later 30 secs. When it reaches around 7-10 secs before the timeout, the screen will dim a little but it's not a complete blank(screen lock). If i touch anything on the screen to avoid it goes into dim mode, the screen will suddenly become so bright.  :smileysurprised:

So is this the thing that everyone is seeing? Showing steps to replicate is the best way to know the real issue.

Note: Anyway, I haven't updated to 0089_US. 

Regards,

Cleo

WW Social Media

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español
jiv
802.11n
jiv

[ Edited ]

Cleo_Lenovo wrote:

Jiv,

Although i didn't have the sudden brightness after wake up as i mentioned earlier, but I think i noticed the same thing as you did. I tested by setting the screen timeout to 15 secs and later 30 secs. When it reaches around 7-10 secs before the timeout, the screen will dim a little but it's not a complete blank(screen lock). If i touch anything on the screen to avoid it goes into dim mode, the screen will suddenly become so bright.  :smileysurprised:

So is this the thing that everyone is seeing? Showing steps to replicate is the best way to know the real issue.

Note: Anyway, I haven't updated to 0089_US. 

Regards,

Cleo

Yes, that is what I'm seeing. Also, I'm on 0074_ROW. I'm not sure if OTA2/2.5 fixes this or any other issues I'm facing, so an update is out of the question for now.