Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
elislider

Totally borked my TPT w/CWR. Help?

[ Edited ]

So first I rooted the tablet, that worked great. it is running version 75

and i was playing around and deleted some of the key apps (whoops) like T9ChineseIME, etc

Then I installed the very first CWR port, boots fine to that.

Then I tried to update the tablet with the official updates, obviously they fail.

Then I found the updates ported for CWR, but they also fail because some of the key apps are missing (initially, FlexT9ChineseIME.apk).

So I downloaded the app dump and tried to copy it back to /system/app but it keeps failing

So here's the part that has me stumped. I can't get /system/ to mount as writeable. I have superuser installed, and superuser is reporting that ES File Explorer is getting root access. I downloaded an app called "Mount /system" and it reports /system is mounted as rw, but i still cant get ES File Explorer to write to anything in /system

As far as I can tell, the system is borked because of all the fiddling I've done. Is there a definitive way to get the boot recovery restored back to the stock Lenovo one instead of CWR? Or a solid way to restore the local memory to stock? or even just the /system folder?

this is a 32gb TPT USA model, no 3G

WWAN
pghFL

Re: Totally borked my TPT w/CWR. Help?

Solution might be found on xda ThinkPad forum or on thinkpadtabletforum. Hope this helps.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Blue Screen Again
elislider

thanks. I'm hoping I can find a nandroid backup made by someone else and use CWR to restore that... we shall see

802.11n
ameridian

[ Edited ]

You can mount /system as read/write in an ADB session;

adb shell
su
mount –o rw,remount /system

Copy and paste the above. Your setup is far from borked if you can still use the tablet. IIRC, it's two files (<appname>.apk and <appname>.odex) you'll need to copy to /system based on the <appname> the update says it can't find. The app doesn't even have to be installed.

Blue Screen Again
elislider

Seems like I was able to find a nanroid image backup from another helpful user and restore that using the existing CWR i had installed. i'm applying an update right now (0086 CWR as posted on this forum) and seeing how that goes...

WWAN
pghFL

Good to hear. Thought you might be able to.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Punch Card
GoJian

Hi elislider,

Like you, I made a mistake too removing some Lenovo apps.  I used a rooted uninstaller, removed Launcher2.apk (I think) which if I remember correctly, was aroun 60 - 70 Mb size.  Now the log-in screen is gone.  I cannot use the tablet at all.  Before this I had the tablet up-to-date, OTA2.5 0089 I think.

The most up-to-date nanroid backup image (OTA2) I can find online contain an Launcher2.apk of 49.3 Mb.  I copied it to /system/app/ folder but it kept force closing.  Cannot use it.

I wonder if you or other user are willing to share the Launcher2.apk to me after you have updated your system to OTA2.5 (latest).  Much much appreciated!

As a negative example myself, i think it is better not to touch Lennovo apps.

J.

802.11n
user6

Punch Card
GoJian

Thanks for the link.  lenssd9.

I looked into it but I was afraid to apply it because I cannot figure out how it works...

My problem is that I uninstalled Launcher2.apk accidentally.  How can I re-install it without having to log in.

I can still access the tablet from adb shell.  My theory is that if I copy the correct version of Launcher2.apk into /system/app folder, it would work.  Anyone has an updated Launcher2.apk (OTA2.5)?

Wish I made a backup earlier!

Punch Card
GoJian

OK.  Finally I fixed mine by replacing Launcher2.apk from a 0089 nandroid backup kindly shared by user pwstein on xda-developers.

Here is the link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1566508a

Best best regards!