Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
802.11n
ameridian

Re: Turn on Lenovo TPT with power button issue

Anyone with the slightest technical inclination has two choices;

1) Put Lenovo's warranty on a pedestal and wait until the buttons fail then be subjected to all manner of inconveniences.

2) Pop the darn thing open now and put a bead of epoxy under each button and forget about the buttons ever failing.

Option 2) is called a prudent risk. Go for it.

Hiro
Kudos: 88
Solutions: 22

Hey Alfrep,

Would you be willing to do factory reset? Is this an options your willing to consider?

Best Regards,

Hiro

Did you find a post Awesome? A response just Outstanding? Kudo them!
Did the post you read answer your question? Did someone help you figure out your problem? Hit Solution Provided and give that person a pat on the back for helping you out!
802.11n
p600

I am astonished to see how people on this forums thinks it is so cool voiding warranty.

All other reasons aside, is it known for a fact that opening a tablet and applying a few drops of glue on the poorly designed buttons will void the warranty? :smileyhappy:

WWAN
pghFL

I'm astonished by how many are prudish about the ownership of their own computer equipment. Can't speak for them, but I bought and paid for mine, IN FULL. Ownership. It's a beautiful thing.

I haven't popped my TPT's cherry, yet, but, to avoid having to send it in, jump thru untold hoops, etc., etc., etc., if I have an issue that I can fix quickly and easily by popping the top, I would do it in a heartbeat.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
802.11n
ameridian

p600 wrote:
All other reasons aside, is it known for a fact that opening a tablet and applying a few drops of glue on the poorly designed buttons will void the warranty? :smileyhappy:

Changing gears slightly....If it's a known fact that rooting voids the warranty then there's an answer for that too....Dead tablets tell no tales..:smileywink:. Two can play hardball.

Paper Tape
alfrep

Hi Hiro. If factory reset brings my tablet back to life I will be willing to do it. Lenovo's customer service told me to wait indefinetely until they receive a new power button piece but I can't wait forever. I need to use the tablet ASAP. If I could turn it on I could use it without turning it off. When it sleeps I could turn it on with something like this because connecting it to power wakes the tablet.

Can you help me?

Hiro
Kudos: 88
Solutions: 22

Hey Alfrep,

The one thing that would keep us from doing the factory reset would be that you need the tablet on to do it. I believe if I was reading your post correct you can't get it to turn on. I apologize for offering a suggestion that in all retrospect wont work. If you can get your tablet on you can do the following steps:

1. Open Android Settings and touch

Backup & reset Factory data reset.

2. Touch

Reset tablet.

3. Touch

Erase everything. This action will erase all data from your tablet including your Google Accounts,

Application and system settings, and downloaded applications

If you can not turn on the tablet and the reset button doesn't work then you are left with only trying to get the depot to replace your button (if its under warranty or doing it yourself). Any other troubleshoot/fixes from this point on would require the tablet to be on. I will provide the HMM again so you will have a guild if you decided to do this yourself or you can take it to a Lenovo retailer.

This is the HMM:

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/tp_tablet_android_4_ug_en.pdf

This is to find a Lenovo Service Provider:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-service/service-provider/default.page?

If I can be of any other help or you have any other questions please post back and we will do what we can to help.

Best Regards,

Hiro

Did you find a post Awesome? A response just Outstanding? Kudo them!
Did the post you read answer your question? Did someone help you figure out your problem? Hit Solution Provided and give that person a pat on the back for helping you out!