Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
mfriedel
Accepted Solution

USB Settings, can't change from MTP to "Mount"

Hello, Does anyone know what might be keeping the USB settings from being changed? Currently, they're all blocked out. I had an exchange account setup on it that had some security requirements, but removed it to see if that was blocking it.

Basically the Media Transfer protocol is selected and I'd like to set it to the "Mount" setting to mount the tablet as a drive on my PC. Thanks ahead of time!

Fanfold Paper
Skateddy

Betreff: USB Settings, can't change from MTP to "Mount"

Hi, try Uncheck...Check in Settings / Storage / USB storage / USB storage devices. After this Settings / USB settings available.
Punch Card
Sord

Re: USB Settings, can't change from MTP to "Mount"

Are you trying to connect to your internal SD or external (one you put into the slot) SD.  My experience has been that the internal SD CAN NOT be mounted - bu the external one can be.  As to why that is, is a complete mystery to me.  Given that this is supposedly a "Business" Tablet, why limit the internal SD to Media sync?

Fanfold Paper
mfriedel

Yes, I was trying to mount the TPT's internal flash on my PC connected to it via the micro USB port. I just tried the suggestion above, but the option is still unchangeable and stuck on media sync/MTP, even after a cold boot. I agree that MTP is definitely not the best option for a business tablet as well.

Fanfold Paper
mfriedel

Nevermind, found out what the problem was, the option "Allow sync with PC" was blocking it from being changed. By sync, I was thinking that contact/calendar/etc synching was blocked, not mount access.

Paper Tape
einaroli85

It doesn't work for me. 

What did you do exactly? 

What's DOS?
riordan8808

You have to go to Settings | Accounts and Sync | Enable Account Sync with PC