Punch Card
Shofar

USB Thumb drive bricked

I have used my thumb drive in the past with no problem, 

Punch Card
Shofar

Re: USB Thumb drive bricked

Sent before I was ready.

Used USB before but when I tried it today, it would not come up on any of my file managers.
Went to setting and the "mount" was pale and I could not get it to go on.

When I put my Thumb drive back in the PC it told me that it had to be reformatted. I have done this a few times now and the same problem.

Why can't I mount the Thumb Drive?

Why is the Tablet destroying my Thumb Drive???
Punch Card
Shofar

I found a utility that allowed me to format to FAT32 but the TPT is still not recognizing it.

I have tried it with the TPT on and with it off, it still tells me that there is nothing availale and I cannot click on the "mount the disk" tab in settings.
Help please
jiv
802.11n
jiv

I don't think there's any solution to this if you've already tried the FAT32 format. The TPT seems very selective of which type of thumbdrives it accepts.

Punch Card
Shofar

The weird thing is that I have used this drive before and it was OK.

I have a second 64GB that I also used for file and it will not accept this one either now.

802.11n
is1981

There must be something wrong with the MBR on the USB thumb drive. Formatting an external SD card on the slate may help you understanding how should the MBR look. Be careful with the slots in the MBR partition and the magic number (0xAA55). Having a FAT filesystem on it is ok, but possibly not enough.

Is there any chance to format the USB drive from the tablet?
HDMI
barbfxshow

[ Edited ]

Do you usually unmount the USB drive before removing it? It is crazy hard to unmount. None of my file manager apps will do it. I have to go into settings, choose "storage", and then click "unmount". If you remove the drive without unmounting it first, this may be causing issues.

¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 1838CTO (not rooted, from Lenovo Direct Japan); WiFi-only model (w/ Galaxy Note LTE as tether); 64GB system memory with Transcend 64GB Class 10 SDXC card; ThinkPadTablet_A310_02_0039_0090_JP rom; GPS works (slowly) after 2012/04 return (power button had broke); Camera will not focus. (note: I have not re-tested these since the ICS update 2012/06/21) ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸