Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
killertomatoes
Accepted Solution

USB issue and Tab Crashes

[ Edited ]

How bout a OTA download to make the OS more stable? I have used tablets, and cell phones, from many manufacturers with Android 2.1 to 3.2, some rooted, others stock, and none of them have been as buggy as my 1838. But this tablet has been a operation in frustration, which it is presently sitting Memphis being worked on for a USB issue.

My wish would be more stability, less Force Closings, less restarts when the system locks up, less random shut downs from the tablet itself.

Get it working consistently, then fix the GPS, and the writing programs so your palm don't join in the fun.

IBM/Lenovo X60 Tablet 3gb ram 240gb HD Windows 7 Enterprise
IBM/Lenovo T60 3gb ram 320gb HD Windows Vista Business full size dock (with the best keyboard of all time, the clicky M model)
IBM A20 512mb ram 40gb HD Windows XP
IBM 701cs 64mb ram 2.1GB HD Windows 95
Lenovo Tablet 1838
Lenovo Staff
bsnf

Re: Tab Crashes

killertomatoes wrote:

How bout a OTA download to make the OS more stable? I have used tablets, and cell phones, from many manufacturers with Android 2.1 to 3.2, some rooted, others stock, and none of them have been as buggy as my 1838. But this tablet has been a operation in frustration, which it is presently sitting Memphis being worked on for a USB issue.

My wish would be more stability, less Force Closings, less restarts when the system locks up, less random shut downs from the tablet itself.

Get it working consistently, then fix the GPS, and the writing programs so your palm don't join in the fun.

Killertomatoes,

As Mark mentioned in another post he will look into getting your case escalated.

Did you get a change of applying the OTA2 update before sending your Tablet for repairs. OTA 2 has a lot of fixes and pretty stable. If you already have OTA 2 and seeing these issues then it concerns me, please let me know.

I have reported that there are several users complaining about GPS issues to Management and will start a discussion in the forum in the next couple of days. The post that is already there is too big to capture useful information. Your feedback will be appreciated.

OTA 3 which will be ICS MR1 will include a pen only mode that should remove the palm issue while writing.

Punch Card
killertomatoes

I am happy now I got my USB to finally work by a most unorthodox method. Out of anger, and frustration I punched my Tablet :heart: Now it sync's like a charm and everything seems to work as advertised :smileyvery-happy: Its good to see what worked on a 1960's era T.V. works for modern electronics :smileyhappy:

IBM/Lenovo X60 Tablet 3gb ram 240gb HD Windows 7 Enterprise
IBM/Lenovo T60 3gb ram 320gb HD Windows Vista Business full size dock (with the best keyboard of all time, the clicky M model)
IBM A20 512mb ram 40gb HD Windows XP
IBM 701cs 64mb ram 2.1GB HD Windows 95
Lenovo Tablet 1838
Bugbatter

:smileyvery-happy: Interesting!  I'm not sure we can advise other customers to use that technique, though. Glad that you were able to solve the problem. SmileyThumbUp.gif

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

Lenovo Advocate ~ I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security

SpywareHammer

WWAN
pghFL

LOL I've wanted to use mine as a Frisbee... Wonder if it would have the same helpful effect? :smileyvery-happy:
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO