Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
gtjoha

Unable to download apps via WiFi on Thinkpad tablet 18382DG

Is it not possible to download applications via WiFi on the thinkpad tablet? Do I need

to be connected by roaming?

I can initiate download, but it never completes. I do not get an error message either, the download

icon shows in the taskbar at the bottom, but nothing ever happens..

I have attempted several download, including facebook app and firefox.

Any idea how to solve the problem?

Regards

Geir, Norway

802.11n
is1981

Re: Unable to download apps via WiFi on Thinkpad tablet 18382DG

[ Edited ]
I never had problems downloading apps via Wi-Fi on an slate like yours (1838-2DG). Have you tried downloading these apps while connected to another network?

Edit: if you are using Lenovo's App Shop try re-downloading these apps. Never had problems with Android Market (Google Play), but on Lenovo's market (App Shop) I had sometimes to download the app first and then install it. Look at the "My App" link on the upper right corner's menu.
Paper Tape
gtjoha

Hi, and thanks for your reply.

I'm on market (google), and is not able to download from here. It's on my home network, but tried changing to

my secondary wireless without sucess. I have no problems surfing the web, facebook etc. Downloading mail

and attachments also works fine...

Lenovo app. shop seems to work fine, and downloading the updated version last night went without problems.

I have not downloaded any apps from here though..

Geir

802.11n
ameridian

gtjoha wrote:

I'm on market (google), and is not able to download from here.

~

It may already be downloaded. Choose "My Apps" at the same screen and see if the app is listed under "Not installed". If so, install it.

Paper Tape
gtjoha

Thanks. It is not installed, I was now able to download from lenovo app shop :smileyhappy:

Not from google market though.

Geir

802.11n
is1981

Indeed, what ameridian and me are saying is that you must install the apps in two steps. First download them, once you have downloaded the apps you can install them. You have currently downloaded a few apps, but have not installed them yet.
Paper Tape
gtjoha

No.... The problem is that the apps won't download from google play... The download seems to start, but then it is

just stuck there, indicating that it is downloading but nothing happens. It simply keeps saying "downloading" in

the market window (and the taskbar). I cannot install them before they are downloaded I know that much.... :smileyhappy:

Downloading and installing from lenovo appshop is no problem.

802.11n
ameridian

gtjoha wrote:

No.... The problem is that the apps won't download from google play... The download seems to start, but then it is

just stuck there, indicating that it is downloading but nothing happens. It simply keeps saying "downloading" in

the market window (and the taskbar). I cannot install them before they are downloaded I know that much.... :smileyhappy:

Downloading and installing from lenovo appshop is no problem.

Have you ever downloaded and installed anything from Google Play or Android Market (previous name)? If not, then check and see whether your Google account is in order. Also, make sure "Settings --> Accounts & sync --> Background data" is checked.

What do you see if you choose "My Apps" from the menu icon dropdown in the top right hand corner on the Google Play screen?

What's DOS?
nicky-p

I have the same problem as Geir. I just got my tablet yesterday and had success downloading one app from Google Play, but all apps after that point go nowhere.

Has anyone solved this problem?

Thnaks,

Nicky

Ctrl-Alt-Del
wleesee

[ Edited ]
2 suggestions...

1) go to Downloads app (I think it is where all your apps are) and clear all the downloads.

2) Try in a day or two. I've had similiar problems, but my tablet started downloading 1 day later. I put it down to google security measures to stop someone attacking the server by in-undating the server with too many ping/ attacks from the IP same address ( (forgot the technical name). If it is this 2nd option... you may want to stop attempting downloads altogether for 12 hrs or a complete day then try again after a fresh reboot)

ICS Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet - Stability - Great || Functionality - Great || Stylus - So-so... Not for serious work (Palm Rejection Issues)
Lenovo - Please fix the stylus!!