Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
nabilazhar

Re: Unresponsive Pen?

@Thjalfi

I completely agree with you. I don't think anyone's started an official poll for who is getting this issue so we should definitely do that. 

@bsnf, and @Lenovo...help us out! This is the MOST frustrating problem on my TPT and renders is unusable for the single biggest reason I got this over other tablets - to take notes. I cannot tell you how many times I've been in class or a meeting and had fallen behind in taking notes because my pen stopped working intermittently. This is actually making my life WORSE, and I paid $500 for this. 

Punch Card
balancing

I'm using Writepad Stylus with stylus-only enabled, and never experience any of these problems. (TPT 64GB)

Token Ring
manuelcalavera

balancing wrote:

I'm using Writepad Stylus with stylus-only enabled, and never experience any of these problems. (TPT 64GB)

2 out of 3 of your posts are advertisement for Writepad Stylus . How bad do you need the money that you can fool people ?

Anyway, both writepad and quill have the problem because it is an hardware-wise problem .

----------------------------------------------------------------
ThinkPad Tablet 2 - 367927U
ThinkPad Tablet - 183822U
Punch Card
balancing

[ Edited ]

I make no money from expressing my extreme satisfaction with Writepad Stylus, but maybe you do promoting Quill?

(and if it is a hardware problem, I must be lucky, because I have 2 TPT's with Writepad Stylus, and I don't experience any of those problems with either one! Oh, Lenovo must be paying me to say that too!!! :smileyvery-happy: )

802.11n
ameridian

manuelcalavera wrote:

~

Anyway, both writepad and quill have the problem because it is an hardware-wise problem .

Not everyone has pen issues and all pen issues are not the same. Don't fall into the same trap those with GPS issues fell into.

If you have a pen issue and would like it fixed then send in your tablet along with documentation like a YouTube video depending on how subtle the issue is. Holding hands in a circle and singing "there is a pen issue" (to the tune of kumbaya)  isn't going to get you anywhere.

Token Ring
manuelcalavera

ameridian wrote:
If you have a pen issue and would like it fixed then send in your tablet along with documentation like a YouTube video depending on how subtle the issue is. Holding hands in a circle and singing "there is a pen issue" (to the tune of kumbaya)  isn't going to get you anywhere.

well, guess what :

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Why-Pen-Only-mode-for-whole-OS-is-a-must-Proof/m-...

the video is up for about 2 mounths .

That video and other "there's a pen issue" complains, have result : The confirmation of "Pen Only Mode" at the OS level for OTA3  .

802.11n
ameridian

manuelcalavera wrote:

the video is up for about 2 mounths .

That video and other "there's a pen issue" complains, have result : The confirmation of "Pen Only Mode" at the OS level for OTA3  .

I saw your post and video before even buying my TPT. That's why I'm certain that you have an issue that not everyone else has. Did you call Lenovo support and arrange to send in your tablet? Apparently not, based on this clip from your post;

To Development Team : Please fix this problem, Pen is the only advantage of your product .

Singing "Kumbaya Lenovo" without engaging them directly may get them to throw in a chorus line or two and that's about it. POM **may** be a workaround in your case. But personally, I would want the issue fixed at the source.

Token Ring
manuelcalavera

ameridian wrote
I saw your post and video before even buying my TPT. That's why I'm certain that you have an issue that not everyone else has. Did you call Lenovo support and arrange to send in your tablet? Apparently not, based on this clip from your post;

To Development Team : Please fix this problem, Pen is the only advantage of your product .

Singing "Kumbaya Lenovo" without engaging them directly may get them to throw in a chorus line or two and that's about it. POM **may** be a workaround in your case. But personally, I would want the issue fixed at the source.

Sadly, I live in a country with a well-known government . We do not have actual international online payment serivices, and I had to make my uncle to bring it to me . It is impossible for me to send my device to Lenovo, because I wont get it back I guess, since we are not in Lenovo's list ( like we are in any other company's support list ! ) . Anyhow, I said all those sad, useless excuses to tell you that I could've been helpful, but like many other people I'm stuck here !

802.11n
ameridian

manuelcalavera wrote:
Sadly, I live in a country with a well-known government . We do not have actual international online payment serivices, and I had to make my uncle to bring it to me . It is impossible for me to send my device to Lenovo, because I wont get it back I guess, since we are not in Lenovo's list ( like we are in any other company's support list ! ) . Anyhow, I said all those sad, useless excuses to tell you that I could've been helpful, but like many other people I'm stuck here !

Understood. Hope things will improve over time.

HDMI
yahoowizard

Oh no, the rest of us have issues. I'll post a YouTube video on here someday, probably after finals are over in a day or two.