Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Token Ring
steinAK
Accepted Solution

Upgraded Tablet Dock?

I just received my TPT and dock. I noticed immediately that there is a semi-transluscent plastic tab that wasn't in any of the photos of the dock that I've seen.

I wonder if this is version 2? The part # is 0B33536 / FRU 04W2181.

WWAN
pghFL

Re: Upgraded Tablet Dock?

I got mine when very first released and it has the tab. The port would break with the weight of the tablet otherwise.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Punch Card
jada

Looks exactly like mine.
To my knowledge the first version of the dock included a HDMI port which was removed before public sales. This version was used in marketing material.
Punch Card
bevo

No HDMI? Seriously... But of course the tablets' own HDMI is inaccessible then. Awkward.

Add the keyboard folio with lost USB 2.0 and a card slot that's covered up - and you have one of the worst designed architecture in industry. Missed opportunities only because of design flaws.

SCSI Port
twospirits

I agree, looking at the Keyboard folio dock, it amazes me that it doesn't have a additional USB port to suppliment the one lost by docking the tablet onto it. Same for HDMI. 

TS

Punch Card
jada

[ Edited ]

Folio
HDMI port is quite easy to use with the Folio.

Dock
The dock positions the TPT in portrait mode and HDMI usage forces the screen to landscape mode. This may be the reason to remove the port from the dock.

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

[ Edited ]

twospirits,

The tablet has a USB port on the left that is still accessible.  The micro usb is blocked when docked, but is replicated on the rear of the dock, and the dock adds another full USB port on the right side of the dock.

I think the user is actually 1 USB port ahead while docked.   Am I missing something?

I agree with you that the HDMI is blocked... would have been nice to have that on the dock - maybe even a full size one to make connections easier and perhaps more rugged?  Definitely good feedback for consideration in future designs!

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
jiv
802.11n
jiv

[ Edited ]

Mark, the complaint about the USB port is that it is lost when you use it with the keyboard folio. And if you're taking suggestions for future products, I think a charger that plugs into the TPT's docking port (as suggested by many others) would be nice. That way we can charge it faster without having to buy the dock.

802.11n
slpin

[ Edited ]

dock that has hdmi out, and 2 usb port so one can use a keyboard and a mouse.... something like that for next revision :smileyvery-happy:

SCSI Port
twospirits

@ Mark

I was responding to fellow member bevos' comment of the keyboard folio, (which needs an additional usb port), not the dock.

bevo wrote:

No HDMI? Seriously... But of course the tablets' own HDMI is inaccessible then. Awkward.

Add the keyboard folio with lost USB 2.0 and a card slot that's covered up - and you have one of the worst designed architecture in industry. Missed opportunities only because of design flaws.

but I agree, that a hdmi on the dock would be good. 

TS