Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
kliment

WWAN Card not detected F5521GW

I have an issue of installing a WWAN card from Ericsso, the F5521GW, which is not a genuine lenovo WWAN but a generic product, used in Dell notebook, bought it from ebay this week. I suppose that in case it is the same modell (F5521GW) it should be working too.

After installing it I got the "Mobile Network" Menu in "Wireless&Networks", but when activating get the message "WWAN card not detected". I have a 1838-CTO modell and am wondering what the problem could be. Before that I tried with an Ericsson 3507, had the same problem.

Do you have any advice or ideas how to get it working?

many thanks in advance!!!!!

Kliment

802.11n
is1981

Re: WWAN Card not detected F5521GW

Why do you think that Lenovo's slate has a driver for that card?

What's DOS?
kliment

to be honest I don't know that.. just expect more or less to use the same WWAN modell, irrespective of the target plattform... was at least my idea... and currently not sure whether the f5521gw should be definitely certified from lenovo or there is a local problem with my TPT (missing drivers, damaged parts whatsoever).

someone managed to intergrate a generic F5521gw in his TPT?

802.11n
is1981

You will have a better chance using that WWAN card on the laptop and buying a Gobi 3000 for the slate tablet.  Sometimes even a minor hardware revision is enough to make a device incompatible with an operating system.  I have no seen a single F5521GW on a ThinkPad slate tablet yet but oddly KayL has noted that the Ericsson F5521GW should be qualified for these tablets on october last year.

What's DOS?
kliment

well, I have read diverse posts about people, who successfully installed a F5521GW in their slates .. this one, the goby 3000 and some other huawei WWAN are supposed to be allowed for the TPT.. that is the reason for me to wonder why it is not working. perhaps you are right, that every version of the F5521GW has minor changes that make it useless for other hardware.

still would be thankful if someone has a clue whether there are mods / special drivers for Android or whatever workaround to make this one work :smileyhappy:

802.11n
is1981

You said that this card comes from a Dell laptop; sometimes computer manufacturers change the vendor or product ID on these devices. Even if the card is the same that runs on the slate tablet, this minor change is enough for the card not attaching to the right driver.