Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
WWAN
pghFL

Re: Warranty refused : broken USB port

[ Edited ]

Email received JameZ. Thank you. I have questions/concerns and will address them via return email.

===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
SCSI Port
justguy

Hi Jamez,

Can you just confirm that (assuming no abuse but regular use only) broken internal USB pins should come under warranty?  I am really reluctant to purchase future units if I need to escalate to EU Direcotor level when this happens again.  From some feedback here, the problem does not seem completely isolated.

We do love the tablet but if TCO is high, then it is not a cost effective buy.

Thanks,

Mike

Punch Card
rhillson

My USB port has become loose as well and in order to charge, the cord must be lifted upward slightly. I have filed a service request and will be receiving a box to ship the tablet in tomorrow. I will update this thread with my experience in getting this taken care of. This is the price we pay for being early adopters of a new Lenovo product line. Still I've been happy with the tablet overall so far.

WWAN
pghFL

Myself as well. Once you decide to buy the first gen of a device you agree to the territory.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Retired Employee
JameZ

@justguy,

I can't confirm that as there is no internal note on it, it would stil need the EU customer relations to approve the warranty.

@rhillson,

Can I have your unit to be shipped to engineering as well?

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Blue Screen Again
Bach

I have the same problem as rhillson but dont have to push upward yet. But it has become loose. I've got it even less than a week! 

Jamez, I also sent you a PM on the details. How long do you think they can fix this kind of problem? 

Retired Employee
JameZ

@Bach,

Yes, I've received your PM on this too. I am not sure how long the service would take.

Please check with the call center for this.

@All,

Appreciate if someone can provide a picture or upload a video on youtube to show that the port is lose / not charging. It would be of great help.

Thank you
James

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Punch Card
rhillson

For Jamez and everyone else, I made a quick youtube video with my phone showing the charging issue I'm having:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQnkSIc9KhE

WWAN
pghFL

Thanks for that.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Punch Card
will_m

It's possible that the soldering for the usb port was defective in some units. Generally, they should last a few years, but the newer regulated solder material doesn't have the same longevity as lead-based solder. And as we all know, lead isn't particularly good for you.:smileywink: