Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Retired Employee
JameZ

Re: Warranty refused : broken USB port

@justguy,

Quality team would release the statement if needed.

@Michael1023,

Sorry to hear that.

@rhillson,

I doubt it would involve a lot of politics here to get the port fixed.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

SCSI Port
justguy

Final Update : It looks like Lenovo have replaced the tablet with a new one, I just not a notification that a unit is on its way from my dealer.  

Full credit to them for this and my thanks to the members of their staff that did exactly what they said rather than offer empty promises.

Blue Screen Again
SBSSC

I now have three tablets that have a broken USB port.  Two of them are currently at Lenovo doing who knows what as they keep going back and forth on are they going to fix it.  The third is here with me.  They are now telling me that since I bought all 31 of these from PC Connection I need to contact them and work with them on replacements. 

SCSI Port
tzhang4284

This just happened to me today while traveling. This is literally a 50 cent component. Good job Lenovo. Despite the terrible software, I thought the hardware was solid until today. I'm sending it in to get it repaired but this sets a new record. Broken power port after 5 weeks on a new product. I cannot remember the last time I have been this unhappy with something I purchased.

Michael1023 wrote:

It appears to be happening to a number of people, judging from the replies here, on another thread in this form and on the ThinkPad Tablet Forum.  Mine failed after 5 weeks.  It has been in Lenovo's hands for a week now.  They are treating it as a warranty repair.  No issues there, but one of the reasons I purchased this tablet was that IBM/LenovoThinkPad service has super-fast in the past - overnight shipping in each direction and one working day in the repair depot. Overnight shipping is still there, but I was told 5-7 working days on this repair.  After 15 years of ThinkPad laptops,  I now wonder if my next tablet or my next laptop will be a ThinkPad.

Blue Screen Again
Bach

I doubt if we can prevent this to happen before it totally break, since many people now know how to open the case to install WAN card.

Punch Card
rhillson

Well I just worked everything out with customer relations. My tablet with the malfunctioning USB port will be heading off to lenovo engineering and I'll be recieving a new tablet in the mail as qucikly as possible, which could be a week. They are letting me hold on to my current tablet until the new one arrives. I think the lesson with this is to just be cooperative with Lenovo and they will make sure that you are taken care of and have a functioning product.

SCSI Port
tzhang4284

[ Edited ]

Awesome, tech support is still trying to charge for the mini-usb repairs. My repair job got put on "billable hold" after arriving this morning instead of having it promptly fixed and sent back to me. They won't even resolve the issue until tomorrow.

Might want to let them know that this is a wide spread issue instead of isolated incidents.

rhillson wrote:

Well I just worked everything out with customer relations. My tablet with the malfunctioning USB port will be heading off to lenovo engineering and I'll be recieving a new tablet in the mail as qucikly as possible, which could be a week. They are letting me hold on to my current tablet until the new one arrives. I think the lesson with this is to just be cooperative with Lenovo and they will make sure that you are taken care of and have a functioning product.

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 412
Kudos: 1,335
Solutions: 288

tzhang4284,

While we are looking into this, several people reporting this out of tens of thousands of units in the field does not classify something as widespread.  Let's try to keep perspective on this one.

If you need help with support, please let us know.

Thanks

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Token Ring
rickinoz

[ Edited ]

My replacement TPT arrived this am. Good on Lenovo for doing the right thing. Perhaps in a few weeks I'll email them to find out what "bricked" my previous one.

I'm going to run the new one "vanilla" for a few days and see if the bugs I experienced previously crop up again (especially since it seems to have the same build no). That will give us an indication as to whether user-installed apps were the issue. Once it seems to have bedded in I'll start putting tablet friendly apps on and see what happens.

As an experiment I'm leaving the lock screen password off just to see if that helps it wake up more easily.

Retired Employee
JameZ

That's good rickinoz. Keep us posted on the idle hang item.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3