Support in other languages: 
Token Ring
daveelt

Re: Warranty refused : broken USB port

Lets all read Mark's reply carefully.

"current production systems should not be affected."

That means they changed the production line to correct the problem. It is likely that all thinkpads created prior to the change are susceptible to failure.

I doubt he is going to say that out loud.
WWAN
pghFL

FWIW I got that, but still feel a bit more info should be forthcoming.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Punch Card
midi

Mark_Lenovo wrote:Bhafner,

I'd encourage you to contact your account rep and have them engage our project office to help you with an appropriate resolution for your particular circumstances.   Please send me a private message if you need more help.

Thanks!

Mark

Hi Mark, I see reference to account rep a lot, but what about private purchasers via the online store? What are their options? While my recently arrived TPT hasn't had issues, I must admit this thread makes me nervous that it's merely a matter of time.

andyP
Topics: 182
Kudos: 711
Solutions: 630

Mark_Lenovo wrote:

We have made progress on this issue and there is a servicer tip in place that should help customers contacting the call center or authorized warranty providers now.

@ midi,

If you should have the problem, I hope you don't, you should contact service or a warranty service provider in your area. "Servicer Tips" are internal Lenovo notifications to service providers informing them of the proceedures to be followed should specific issues be raised by a customer concerning a specific system.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

SCSI Port
shonangreg

[ Edited ]

If we have a defective unti and wait till we have problems, might we not wait just past the warranty cutoff?

I can't believe the ThinkPad name has taken the hit that it has already.

Note from Moderator:  Comments which violated the forum rules were removed.

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 410
Kudos: 1,308
Solutions: 283

Broken USB port - please contact service as needed

All, 

This issue is no different than any other issue we have worked, which has been discussed in the forum.   Most of the issues in the forum tend to be resolved through software - BIOS / Drivers / Other code updates.   Sometimes there are hardware issues found and fixes incorporated into production and service parts.   

As the underlying cause of hardware issues can relate to suppliers, particular batches of components, time periods, or tolerances of components that may only cause a problem in certain scenarios or a subset of the systems in the field, we need to address these within the terms of the warranty.

I appreciate your understanding .

Thanks

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

WWAN
pghFL

Re: Broken USB port - please contact service as needed

We appreciate your help, Mark.

Is it possible to at least get a range of serial numbers that may have the potential for this problem?

It's not fun babying a micro USB port "in case" it might fail. I'm always gentle with my gear, but I'm afraid to use the port at all. Not good. Even paid 60.00 for a dock I didn't need to avoid breaking the port.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
HDMI
eKeith

pghFL wrote:
We appreciate your help, Mark.

Is it possible to at least get a range of serial numbers that may have the potential for this problem?

It's not fun babying a micro USB port "in case" it might fail. I'm always gentle with my gear, but I'm afraid to use the port at all. Not good. Even paid 60.00 for a dock I didn't need to avoid breaking the port. 

My scenario exactly...

SCSI Port
ybrevic

For the record, my TPT stopped charging over the weekend, and the micro-usb was a bit wobbly.  I called customer support on Monday, and they shipped out a box to return it for service, without any questions or hassle. 

So far, that seems like a pretty good response.

HDMI
eKeith

ybrevic wrote:

For the record, my TPT stopped charging over the weekend, and the micro-usb was a bit wobbly.  I called customer support on Monday, and they shipped out a box to return it for service, without any questions or hassle. 

So far, that seems like a pretty good response.

Sorry to hear about your TPT but thanks for sharing the positive news about Lenovo's response...