===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Fanfold Paper
coyttl

Re: Warranty refused : broken USB port

pghFL wrote:
No, never got serial number range for affected tablets. :-/

Okay, didn't think so as I didnt' see it here in the thread, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Cheers -

Mike.

WWAN
pghFL

Never hurts to ask. Just unhappy with Lenovo that we never got the numbers despite repeated requests. :smileywink:

Cheers
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
Fanfold Paper
n1234

Lenovo would never hand out those numbers. That would cause those who are affected to request for a replacement. It is cheaper for Lenovo to repair broken tablets as they happen, and hope others do not break till after their warranty expires.

WWAN
pghFL

We, of course, realize that, but again it NEVER hurts to ask. They might have had a recall if there were enough affected. I've since come to understand that Lenovo would never do either of those things. I was an optimist at that point. I no longer have any illusions where Lenovo is concerned.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
HDMI
yahoowizard

That moment when this problem happens to you three months after your warranty. I guess Lenovo never again.
What's DOS?
brd_london

I've had the problem too - a few months out of warranty.  To be truthful, it has never really be right - it is only just now that the port has completely collapsed and the unit completely unable to charge.

I have been told that there "are no known issues".  Apparently the forums aren't accurate and the other 13+ people on here who have the same issues must simply be making it up.

Since the service partners list on Lenovo's website seems to be hopelessly out of date (with the two closest firms close to me now being out of business) I have asked Lenovo for a repair quote.

What's DOS?
pj_2012

Hi

I got a thinpad tablet in Aug/Sep 2012. In the last week of March 2012, the tablet just wouldnt boot, although the red light was blinking. I had to send it for repair while still under warranty. Almost a little more than a month later, I got it back after days of calling the service center trying to figure out whats happening. I was neither offered a replacement nor a stand by piece. Finally when they did return the piece, a lady from IBM office told me over phone that she is going to extend the warranty until April 2013 as the service took longer causing inconvenience. Which never happened. Unfortunately, I never followed that up either (my mistake!). Now, it doesnt charge and the tablet is dead. While I am still trying to figure out what to do, my thinkpad tablet is big disappointment for being a lenovo supporter. With the kind of  support that I received when it was sent for repair and what I am going through now, I will never go for another lenovo product.

-PJ

Paper Tape
lauramcsped

I also have a tablet with a broken micro USB port.  I bought the Lenovo Thinkpad because I was told you had superior customer service.  I purchased my Thinkpad in October 2011 and used it less than a dozen times before it broke so I now have a very expensive paperweight since the unit cannot be charged.  When I called about the warranty in December 2012 I was told it was past the year warranty and I would have to find a repair place that works on Lenovo and to expect to pay $375-575 of repair it.  There is noone in my area that is authorized to work on this.  In addition to the tablet I purchased the keyboard and several other very expensive accessories.  I was never offered any other warranty but from the sound of things it would not have mattered.  If this is the best that can be expected from Lenovo customer service I will just invest the $4-500 for repairs on an Apple product and save myself the stress.

What's DOS?
CradNet

Reading these posts is eerie. I am experiencing the same micro-usb issue, and your posts are verbatim what I have experienced thus far.

I bought my TPT, and within 60 days of normal use the tablet stopped charging. I called Lenovo, got a box sent overnight, the tech looked at it, and my status changed to the "Hold for customer information". After waiting three days, I called on the matter and was told the unit was not repairable under warranty due to "customer damage/abuse". Thye want $900 to fix a $700 tablet!!!

I told them the unit was never damaged or abused, and asked EXACTLY what I had supposedly damaged or abused. The customer service rep couldn't tell me what was damaged, only that the motherboard and BATTERY needed to be replaced. I stated that I would not accept this as a non-warranty repair, and I was told that a "supervisor" would call me back. No call back, no change in status on the EasyServ site.

I am going to pursue this again tomorrow. I will keep posting as I get information.

Lenovo Repair #   A052G9W