Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
184_lenovo_user

Re: Warranty refused : broken USB port

[ Edited ]
When Lenovo first claimed I'd have to pay, I tweeted about how it was ridiculous. @LenovoForums replied and said I should contact them if the support rep couldn't resolve it satisfactorily, and I've seen Mark on this forum post to that effect. I interpret this as meaning if a rep refuses to repair the micro-USB port for free, to contact them and they'll push it through.

justguy wrote:

184_lenovo_user wrote:
As he explained it, they were getting a small number of tablets with that problem and similar stories, and they now had received a sufficient volume to start addressing the issue without claiming it was due to customer misuse. He was quite helpful, and was regretful that he had had to tell me it would cost $700 to repair (as per his previous instructions from Lenovo).

This is very good news indeed if it can be propogated to all service centres.  I really suspect there is a design issue or a poorly specced part.   

SCSI Port
tzhang4284

Mark - please check your email. I sent you a message with regard to my tablet status. I'd really appreciate it if you can do anything to fast track my repair or send a replacement. The billing hold got lifted earlier this week but they have not done anything to start repairs yet.

Thank you

What's DOS?
bhafner

Hi Mark

I hope that you can assist me as well. I am a middle school principal and after months of device research, we decided to purchase 600 of the Lenovo tablets. Within a week, we have had almost 25 pins break off in the usb charging port. We actually went to great lengths to educate our students and teachers on the delicate nature of the pin after the first few became broken, but the epidemic continues.

Please tell me the company is ready to swap the devices out due to the design flaw versus the full charge for replacement. I have a sister school that selected ipads and, as mentioned in another post, apple is replacing at no cost. The other five middle schools, four high schools, and sixteen elementary schools in my district are currently in the device research phase of their one to one roll out and are observing my situation with careful attention. We would love to promote future business for your company, but are reluctant at the moment due to this design flaw. I am actually due to present information to my colleagues tomorrow. Will there be good news to share about the replacement devices?

In an effort to help my district be fiscally responsible with our tax payers money, please advise.

Brenda

Punch Card
fylatos

If Mark stands behind his comment "it takes more than a few people to tip the scale", he should pay extreme attention to comments like yours. I mean 600 TPT? If lenovo does not support coorporate buyers or schools how am I to believe that it will support an average user? Mark??

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

fylatos,

We have made progress on this issue and there is a servicer tip in place that should help customers contacting the call center or authorized warranty providers now.

I can say that not every system will have this issue - we have isolated why this occured and current production systems should not be affected.

Bhafner,

I'd encourage you to contact your account rep and have them engage our project office to help you with an appropriate resolution for your particular circumstances.   Please send me a private message if you need more help.

Thanks!

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Fanfold Paper
stuartv

4%? In one week? Does it qualify as "widespread" now?

Mark_Lenovo wrote:

Please send me a private message if you need more help.

Thanks!

Mark

I can think of reasons why you would want to handle this privately. But, just an observation here, for those of us who are watching from the sidelines, seeing this handled in a transparent manner, with Lenovo taking swift action that is truly in the customer's best interest, and graciously versus begrudgingly, sure seems like it would be a good thing for current customers, potential customers, AND Lenovo, too...

HDMI
eKeith

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your continued support. Given that the issue has now been isolated, will Lenovo consider the following?

1. Publish the "tip' here for the forum community,
2. Identify affected systems by range of serial numbers or other, and
3. Consider a repair or replacement recall for these systems.

Thank you,
WWAN
pghFL

Thank you, Mark. I have the same questions as eKeith.
===================
Don't get mad, get root.
3679CTO
JaneL

stuartv wrote:

I can think of reasons why you would want to handle this privately. But, just an observation here, for those of us who are watching from the sidelines, seeing this handled in a transparent manner, with Lenovo taking swift action that is truly in the customer's best interest, and graciously versus begrudgingly, sure seems like it would be a good thing for current customers, potential customers, AND Lenovo, too...

C'mon now.  It needs to be handled privately so that personal information like names, shipping address, serial numbers, etc can be received.  There's nothing stopping bhafner from reporting back here with the results after contacting their account rep (I'm kind of puzzled why they haven't already done that) and then escalating to Mark if it is subsequently necessary.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

SCSI Port
justguy

Hi Janet,

I agree with most of your observation.  However, if there are batches of units affected, it is common practice for these to be made generally known so users who encounter the problem will be reassured that the defect will be handled in a sympathetic way and recalcitrant support staff can be re-educated politely :smileyhappy:

With a new, quad core tablet on the horizon, how issues on this first gen item are handled will be a portent for the next device's reputation.  I know this is not a support forum so we can't realistically expect support answers but some nod towards a more open communication on this, the GPS and the Keyboard Folio issues would always be welcomed by the community.  I still wary on the units robustness and will not approve it's use for staff based on my experience thus far.

Thanks,

Mike.