Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
JMOZ

Re: What's your favorite app?

Have you tried ezPDF to fill in PDF? I don't have any forms offhand to test it, but the freehand annotation works very well.

FDP
Token Ring
FDP

Document Scanning: Camscanner (does not hold preview unless you choose system camera under settings)

PDF Markup: RepliGo Reader (way better than ezPDF)

Drawing/Sketching: Sketchbook Pro

Punch Card
unclefuzz

Will Evernote accept input from the pen, do you think? Because the native note-taking app is sorta lame...
Punch Card
NUTSH3LL

FDP wrote:

Document Scanning: Camscanner (does not hold preview unless you choose system camera under settings)

PDF Markup: RepliGo Reader (way better than ezPDF)

Drawing/Sketching: Sketchbook Pro

Please do share how RepliGo Reader is better than ezPDF Reader?

I only have the latter and haven't tried RepliGo yet.  Compared to a video I've seen, I like the eBook sort of navigation on ezPDF Reader. However, I don't like the annotation feature.  You have to hold the screen to open the option for freewrite. Then, there seems to be no erase option, so if you write several sentences and make a mistake, then you have to erase and start over.  Is this how RepliGo Reader works?

Some of my personal faves:

So far, I really like Writepad Stylus and Tabnotes. 

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.writepad&feature=apps_topselling_paid

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.softwareincheese.tabnotes&feature=search_result

Writepad Stylus offers a lot of customizations and calibration settings and easily exports to PDF.  Tabnotes offers an excellent navigation system, sort of like OneNote, where you can zoom in/out and scroll around with 2 fingers.  I think Tabnotes also exports to PDF, but I haven't tried this feature since I only have the Lite version.

I've tried Beautiful Notes, Extensive Notes, Note Everything, and a few others and have narrowed it down to the above 2.

W520 - i7 2720 / 2000M / FHD / Corsair Vengeance 1600 8GB / Samsung PM810 mSATA 128GB
Blue Screen Again
Aarman

[ Edited ]

I love ezPDF reader, however, when you write freehand, there is no option to make the stylus thickness thinner, which is a problem because sometimes the text in the pdf may not be all that big, and vice versa. Optional thickness for the pen input would be a great feature to add.

I hate social touch, how do I uninstall it? I deleted the widget but whenever I go into settngs>applications>manage applications>running, it is always still running even though I dont use it.

Anyone know a quick way to delete all the other random crapware apps that came with it?

Punch Card
Bigmuzzy

Can you zoom in on a pdf and then write on it to achieve the smaller pen size, for more precise stuff?

Blue Screen Again
JMOZ

To make the stylus thinner in ezPDF, simply make a freehand annotation, click properties, and reduce the thickness. Future annotations will also be thinner. I wish ezPDF had a users' manual....
FDP
Token Ring
FDP

Hey Nutshell, 

Really it's the easy/straightforwardness of the annotation features, and a cleaner UI that make RepliGo better. It is completely fluid to add/subtract annotations, and although some of the general features are similair, it comes down to RepliGo feeling right, with ezPDF feeling awkward (to be fair I only gave exPDF ~5 mnutes of the 15 minutes I had to return it before deciding it wasn't for me). 

Off/out of topic, how do you like your W520? I'm looking for something that can both replace my much loved/used X61 tablet and augment/mobilize my workstation. Been eyeing the W520, but not sure how I'll feel about the weight (or the fact that is feels like the next gen should be on its way soon). 

-FDP

Punch Card
NUTSH3LL

How does the annotation feature work?  Is it similar to ezPDF where you hold for 2 seconds and it gives you the option to freewrite, highlight, etc.?  When you're freewriting, are you free to erase and write at any given moment or do you have to write, save changes, write, undo, write, etc.....?

I haven't received my W520 yet, supposed to arrive this Wednesday :smileyvery-happy:

I got the Thinkpad Tablet to replace my X200t and W520 replace my HP 8540w.  I often found myself carrying both my X200t (4.2 lbs) and HP 8540w (8 lbs w/ slice battery) and that was getting tiresome.  With 6 cell battery on the W520, it should weigh about 5.6 lbs + Thinkpad Tablet for a total of ~7 lbs.  I'm not TOO worried about the next gen (which is probably 8+ months away) since the W520 fulfills all my needs.  CPU is more than I can utilize, graphics is plenty for an ocassional gamer, and 8+ hrs battery w/ 9 cell is perfect.  I thought about waiting for the new Sony S 15" or Samsung Series 7 15", but I'd gladly sacrifice that extra pound of weight for the Thinkpad's keyboard, trackpoint, graphics, 2 HDD + mSATA option, and screen quality.

W520 - i7 2720 / 2000M / FHD / Corsair Vengeance 1600 8GB / Samsung PM810 mSATA 128GB
FDP
Token Ring
FDP

The annotation is a single tap, then you click an edit icon and select the type of annotation you would like to make. After that each time you mark up the sheet it registers as a separate annotation which you can undo. At the end of the annotation you can click outside the bounding box of your notes and then the annotation will be grouped and "finalized", after which you can only delete or change the ink color and thickness. It really works exactly as it should, it's very easy to add, undo, and edit notes. Also, I did test the annotations in other pdf viewers and they carry through perfectly.

I wish there was an application to turn the Thinkpad Android Tablet into a wacom-esque surface for the W520 (or any other mobile workstation). Now that would be fantastic...