Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
klam

Re: What's your favorite app?

NUTSH3LL wrote:

Some of my personal faves:

So far, I really like Writepad Stylus and Tabnotes. 

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.writepad&feature=apps_topselling_paid

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.softwareincheese.tabnotes&feature=search_result

Writepad Stylus offers a lot of customizations and calibration settings and easily exports to PDF.  Tabnotes offers an excellent navigation system, sort of like OneNote, where you can zoom in/out and scroll around with 2 fingers.  I think Tabnotes also exports to PDF, but I haven't tried this feature since I only have the Lite version.

I've tried Beautiful Notes, Extensive Notes, Note Everything, and a few others and have narrowed it down to the above 2.

How does the stylus behave in these third-party note apps compared to the included Vision Objects Notes Mobile? Is it just as accurate, pressure sensitivity, etc.?

Punch Card
NUTSH3LL

[ Edited ]

I would say it's just as accurate as Notes Mobile, but there is no pressure sensitivity, which is perfectly fine with me.  When I'm writing with a pen and paper, I hate when the ink is not consistent.  Drawing and sketching is a different story, but that's not what these apps are intended for.  Oh... and there's a number of different settings you can adjust like palm rejection, but I've found the default settings to be ideal for me.

After trying the full version of Tabnotes, I've decided I like Writepad Stylus the most.  Navigating through pages in Tabnotes is tedious as you have to exit the current page and click the next page.  Writepad Stylus feels most similar to having a traditional pen and paper and navigating through pages is similar to Notes Mobile.  Extensive Notes is sort of nice... as you can select many different types of files (freehand, type, etc.)

W520 - i7 2720 / 2000M / FHD / Corsair Vengeance 1600 8GB / Samsung PM810 mSATA 128GB
Punch Card
klam

Thanks so much for the informative reviews. Can't wait to try these out.
Blue Screen Again
Aarman

Anyone found the best web browser to use for optimized speed? Im sure the stock one isnt the best...

Also, are there any browsers or programs that will take advantage of digtizer support and allow us to write with the stylus into search bars or comment boxes through a bowser or something and have it convert to text? 

SCSI Port
digitallysane

Aarman wrote:

Also, are there any browsers or programs that will take advantage of digtizer support and allow us to write with the stylus into search bars or comment boxes through a bowser or something and have it convert to text? 

The included FlexT9 keyboard should let you use handwritten text in any place where text input is requested. There were complaints regarding its accuracy, though.

Punch Card
David-M

I would like to say the tablet version of BeyondPod is awesome.

I use it constantly, and it performs great.

It's $6.99 but worth every penny. They really make fantastic use of the screen realestate.

I wish all apps were this well thought out.

BeyondPod for Honeycomb Tablets
Full featured Podcast Manager and RSS feed reader for Honeycomb Tablets

https://market.android.com/details?id=mobi.beyondpod.hd
http://www.beyondpod.mobi/android/index.htm

Paper Tape
HankMoody

So in fact there are some apps in the market that are similar to the notes app that lenovo has, so you could have it on any android tablet with the stylus fonctionnality.

Instead the integration like the htc scribe technology (screenshot and drawing anywere) it's not an app so impossible to have on the thinkpad tablet.

For people like me that are choosing between these two tablets this is a good point for the jetstream/flyer.

Sorry for my english, I hope my point is still understandable

SCSI Port
digitallysane

HankMoody wrote:

Instead the integration like the htc scribe technology (screenshot and drawing anywere) it's not an app so impossible to have on the thinkpad tablet.

http://blog.evernote.com/2011/09/06/evernote-for-android-now-with-skitch-integration-offline-search-...

Paper Tape
HankMoody

Great for the new evernote version...I would like to have the possibility to do a screenshot and draw directly on it (like a web page and this kind of stuff) without pass trough an app. Anyway evernote seems to be better and better

Fanfold Paper
smileyiyun

I found the firefox is much cooler. They organized the tabs on the left which hides to save the space, and the compatibility with webpages are better than the default browser as well, try it out!